Laburnum Community Connection
Family Edition - October 18, 2020
We are looking forward to another exciting week at Laburnum! Please read below for important information.
Student Work Packet Distribution
If your child's grade level bin is empty, please ring the bell and someone will be available until 4:00 to make additional copies.
These learning packets are available for students to practice the skills that they are learning in class. The packets do not need to be returned to school.
HCPS Listening Town Hall
To actively participate and provide input regarding school reopening, join the session at https://tinyurl.com/listening-town-hall. To observe the Listening Town Hall, use the livestream link that will appear shortly before the start of the event at https://henricoschools.us/. The event will also be recorded for future viewing.
This event uses Microsoft Teams. No registration is required, participation is free and you can take part without creating a Teams account. For more information about using Microsoft Teams, go to https://henricoschools.us/school-board/ and click on “Other Upcoming Events.”
Laburnum Core Values
LES Trunk or Treat
Join us for our 1st Annual Fall Festival Fun!!!
This year we will celebrate Fall
Drive Thru Style.
This FAMILY FUN Evening will be held on
Wednesday, October 28, 2020
Fun Begins at 5:45
There will be
Pumpkins for our Families
More information is forthcoming. Safety guidelines will be followed.
Follow Us on Social Media
Parent to Parent Tech Support
Read below for a message from our interim PTA President, Ms. Faulks-Brown
The PTA strives to:
1. Engage parents and teachers to collaborate arounds our children's need
2. Supplement school resources and current initiatives
3. Build healthy relationships between school and the surrounding community
We are currently seeking a PTA President. Come work with a dedicated board who is here to support a leader with a passion to serve. If you are interested in the role of PTA president, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The PTA President's Role:
1. Preside over all meetings
2. Coordinate special committees with all officers
3. Help plan the yearly budget
Join the PTA by clicking on the link below or scan the QR code in the top right corner of this section of the newsletter. Membership is only $5.00 per year.
PowerSchool Parent Portal
Kids Challenge Virtual Edition
- November 3 - School is closed
- November 13 - School is closed
- November 7 10:00 AM - Monthly Principal Chat - Each month I will host a discussion with parents to answer questions and hear your concerns & ideas. The link is below.
Future Student Work Packet Distribution Dates:
If you are unable to get a packet, you can also print a copy of the packet from our Laburnum Virtual Learning website. Click on your child's grade level at the top of the site to locate the work packet.
Resources for Families to Support Virtual Learning
- Laburnum Virtual Learning Website - During virtual learning, you can click on this website for information.
- Digital Learning Quick Guide
- Digital Learning Information for Elementary School Families
- HCPS Mission Forward 2020-21 Learning Plan: A Handbook for Families - A guide to help families understand and visualize what virtual learning will look like.
- HCPS Student Virtual Learning Support - This information is also linked to our Laburnum Virtual Learning website homepage
If you encounter any issues with PowerSchool: Please email the help desk at email@example.com or call 804-328-5207. Para asistencia en español, llame al 804-527-4604.
If you encounter any issues with completing your forms: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Help may also be available by contacting your school with questions.
Breakfast & Lunch
If you choose to come 7 AM - 9 AM, students will receive a hot breakfast and cold lunch for the same day. If you come 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM, students will receive a hot lunch and cold breakfast for the following morning.
The county is also providing meal distribution by bus.
- Mondays and Wednesdays: On Mondays, buses will distribute meals for Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesdays, breakfasts and lunches will be distributed for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, as well as Monday breakfast.
- Buses will make 30-minute stops at each location, between 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Laburnum has two stops:
Brookhill Road and Crenshaw Ave.
Delmont St. and Engleside Drive