The Virtual Health Office
Springing into the Final Semester
National Nutrition Month and National School Breakfast Week
-Breakfast it is the most important meal of the day. Celebrate March 8-12.
- Get your student's brains and bodies fueled with creative recipes: https://www.superhealthykids.com/recipes/
- Share your kitchen masterpiece for a chance to be featured in School Nutrition Magazine https://schoolnutrition.org/meetings/events/nsbw/2021/share-your-celebration/
Tell Us about Your NSBW Plans for a Chance to Win $50 in prizes! Contest opens February 8, 2020.
-Take a trip to our many local farmer's markets: https://chicofarmersmarket.com/
-Research shows family meals together not only help a child's physical health but mental as well: https://thefamilydinnerproject.org/ideas-and-advice/
-More than 1 in 4, of all children in Butte County experienced food insecurity at some point during the last year according to estimates from Feeding America. If you are in need there are many resources throughout our county:
- Food bank distribution calendar: https://www.buttecaa.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/TEFAP-Distribution-Schedule-2021.pdf
- Apply for CALFresh: https://www.getcalfresh.org/
World Sleep Day (March 13) National Sleep Awareness Week (March 1–7)
- Tips for your students (and self) sleep health: https://worldsleepday.org/sleep-research
- How sleep effects the brain: https://www.sleepfoundation.org/sleep-hygiene/healthy-sleep-tips
Spring Break Fun!
- Explore Bidwell Park: https://chico.ca.us/bidwell-park
- Enjoy the wildflower bloom on Table Mountain, get a permit here: https://wildlife.ca.gov/Lands/Places-to-Visit/North-Table-Mountain-ER
- Experience our national parks. Lassen is only a short drive away, and one of the least visited parks in the U.S https://www.nps.gov/lavo/index.htm. Also if you have a 4th grader, they are eligible for a free national park pass for the whole family. Check it out: https://www.nationalparks.org/our-work/campaigns-initiatives/every-kid-outdoors
- More staycation ideas: https://www.parents.com/fun/vacation/ideas/staycation-ideas-for-spring-break/
- Virtual field trips: https://www.weareteachers.com/best-virtual-field-trips/
CONTACT YOUR SCHOOL NURSE!
Melanie Evans, email@example.com: Marsh Junior High , Parkview Elementary, Bidwell Junior High
Tina Collins: firstname.lastname@example.org: Emma Wilson Elementary, Little Chico Creek Elementary, Hooker Oak Elementary, Neal Dow Elementary
Michelle Neves Dean, email@example.com: Chico Senior High, McManus Elementary, Wildflower Elementary
Julie Scalet, firstname.lastname@example.org: Pleasant Valley High, Fairview, Sierra View Elementary
Julie Parker, email@example.com: Loma Vista, Marigold Elementary, Oakdale Elementary and Oakbridge
Cindy Steffen, firstname.lastname@example.org: Citrus Elementary, Rosedale Elementary, Chapman Elementary
Sherry Atkin, email@example.com: Shasta Elementary, Chico Junior High, Forest Ranch