The School Newsletter for Central Elementary Families
January 16, 2015
January 21st Central Celebration
At the end of each grading period, we will develop a special edition of The Central Communique. This edition honors those students who have had perfect attendance during this past grading period, earned a Community Values Award for showing outstanding citizenship at school, or who have earned a Principal’s Honor Roll Award for all A’s, or an Honor Roll Award for earning all A’s and B’s. These students will receive their certificates at our upcoming Central Celebration awards ceremony. Students listed on one of the following lists below will be honored on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 10:00 am in the gym. Families are invited to attend this celebration.
Click HERE to view the list of students being honored for outstanding grades.
Click HERE to view the list of students being honored for exceptional character.
Click HERE to view the list of students being honored for perfect attendance.
If you are a parent who drops your child/children off each morning, we need your help. Please make sure to pull forward all the way to the end of the horseshoe parking lot. This is critical to keeping traffic from backing up on to U.S. 40. Even if you do not see a car behind you, please pull forward if teachers motion you to. Traffic can be sporadic with no cars one minute and a huge line the next.
Thank you to everyone who already pulls forward each morning! We appreciate your help.
January 26th PTO Meeting
At our next PTO Meeting on Monday, January 26, 2015 at 6:30 pm in the cafeteria, we will be planning for...
- Our Readathon program and how we can encourage student participation.
- The Valentines Day parties coming up in February.
- The Walkathon in May and we will discuss the preparation that has already started.
Interested in serving on the Central PTO Board or as a committee chairperson for 2015-2016? Contact us at email@example.com for more information!
COMMUNITY PRESCHOOL REGISTRATION
Look for registration information to be posted on the Little Quakers Academy website.
This Week's Photo Gallery
The Plainfield Schools Transportation Department is seeking individuals to work as substitute bus drivers.
*Training Provided* *Flexible Work Schedule* *Potential for Full-time*
If you are interested, please call the PCSC Transportation Office at 838-3632 or apply online at PCSC Employment Opportunities.
Activities for Children and Families
- Play Monster Golf on January 19, 2015 and help the Purdue Alumni Club. Click HERE for more information.
- For information about a soccer clinic for 5th grade girls on January 24, 2015, click HERE.
- To view the 2015 Winter Explorer Magazine, which contains information about our Hendricks County parks, click HERE.
- For information about the Spring Break Camp: Technology and Nature Together, which starts on March 30, 2015, click HERE.
Central Elementary Calendar
Here are some special days or events that you will want to know about.
- School is closed for Martin Luther King Jr. Day on Monday, January 19, 2015.
- Our next Central Celebration will be held on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 10:00 am in the gym.
- PTO's January Restaurant Night will be held at Chicago's Pizza on Wednesday, January 21, 2015.
- Our next PTO Meeting is at 6:30 pm in the cafeteria on Monday, January 26, 2015.
- PTO's February Restaurant Night will be held at Chic-fil-A on Tuesday, February 17th.
To view more upcoming activities and events happening at Central Elementary, check out our school calendar by clicking HERE or by going to http://www.plainfield.k12.in.us/cn.