The island of love
History and location of Cyprus
Capital and major cities
Tourism and why people come to Cyprus
Their government type is republic. The head of the government is president Nicos Anastasiades.
Date joined the European Union
Geography of Cyprus
- the country's nickname is the island of love, from the Greek goddess Aphrodite
- They have over 20 rare species of orchid
- Lefkara lace is produced in Cyprus
- They got the name Cyprus form the Greek word Kypros meaning copper
This is a kind of orchid that grows in Cyprus.
Lefkara lace is made and produced in Cyprus.
Aphrodite is the Greek goddess of love and the island got its nickname from her.
Citations (including pictures)
- Digital image. Limassol Cyprus. Twitter, n.d. Web. 5 Dec. 2015. <https://www.google.com/search?q=limassol+cyprus&safe=active&client=safari&channel=ipad_bm&prmd=mivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi3gf7Wj8bJAhVGwj4KHRHLAaUQ_AUICCgC#imgrc=zM-V4LE25yEOOM%3A>.
-Digital image. Cyprus, Larcana 10. Pierrot Heritier Photos, 29 Apr. 2011. Web. 5 Dec. 2015. <http://pher.ch/photos/landscapes/cyprus/larnaca/slides/Cyprus,%20Larnaca%2010.html>.
- Digital image. Destination360, n.d. Web. 5 Dec. 2015. <http://www.destination360.com/europe/cyprus/famagusta-hotels>.
- Digital image. Weather2travel, n.d. Web. 5 Dec. 2015. <http://www.weather2travel.com/blog/northern-cyprus-travel-guide.php>.
- Digital image. Lefkara Laces or Lefkaritika. UNESCO, n.d. Web. <http://www.unesco.org/culture/ich/en/RL/lefkara-laces-or-lefkaritika-00255>.
- Digital image. Aphrodite: Greek Goddess of Love. N.p., n.d. Web. 5 Dec. 2015. <http://poster.4teachers.org/view/poster.php?poster_id=499405>.
- "Cyprus Island." Cyprusisland.net, n.d. Web. 5 Dec. 2015. <http://www.cyprusisland.net>.
- "Cyprus." Lonelyplanet, n.d. Web. 5 Dec. 2015. <http://www.lonelyplanet.com/cyprus/history>.
- "Cyprus." Infoplease, n.d. Web. 5 Dec. 2015. <http://www.infoplease.com/country/cyprus.html>.
- "Europe:: Cyprus." Central Intelligence Agency, n.d. Web. 5 Dec. 2015. <https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/cy.html>.