CFES Trail Guide for Parents
Blazing the trail to excellence
Week of October 5th
It is amazing to see all of the great teaching and learning happening with both our virtual and face to face students! This week we also have our first CFES Cares in progress and Walk to School Day on Thursday. Both are wonderful opportunities to observe our TVS and F2F kids come together as one CFES Campsite.
Parents please be mindful that if you are wanting to change your child's learning environment for the next quarter, this is the week it must be done. Please check the TISD website for all pertinent information regarding the steps and processes to complete, should you wish to make a change for your child. All steps must be completed for the change to be granted. If you need any assistance with the process please reach out before Thursday of this week so Team CFES can help. Please remember that no changes can be made after Sunday, October 11th. The second quarter is October 26th -December 18th.
If you do not wish to change your child's learning environment there is nothing that needs to be completed.
I have received many questions concerning adjusting classes and the possibility of students and teachers having to be adjusted each quarter. I have always promised the CFES Community honesty. I can promise you that I understand the need for stability with students and teachers and my efforts will always center around providing that for each family and teacher when at all possible. Due to the fluidness of the situation, there will be times when changes will have to occur. I value and appreciate that parents have a choice to do what they feel is best for their family each quarter. I respect each family's decision. This year is certainly like no other. I assure you our CFES students are in great hands each and every day!
Have a great week and I hope you are finding ways to enjoy the beautiful weather.
CFES Camp Director
- Parents of 2nd-5th grade Students: Grades can only be checked through the district Home Access Center (not through Schoology). Here is the link to the site Home Access Center The parent (not student) username and password are entered here. If you cannot find the information needed to login you can email the CFES registrar email@example.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org , with your name and the student’s name. Choose the child you wish to view on the upper right corner. Grades are found on the classes tab at the top.
- Fridays are CFES Spirit Days. Please wear any CFES shirt or our school colors (Red, white & black) and show off our Creekside Forest Spirit!
We’ll be BLAZING THE TRAIL TO EXCELLENCE on October 8!
Chalk YOUR Trail on October 7! Stop by the biker/walker exit after school to pick up chalk, or provide your own. Chalk your driveway, your path to school, or around your neighborhood. Let’s make our whole neighborhood feel the CFES love!
Whether you’re learning virtually or Face to Face, take a walk or ride your bike either around your neighborhood or to school! Try to spot other CFES friends and their chalk art. Park at Rob Fleming Park and walk in if you are short on time. Track your miles walked or biked and send them to Melissa Prince at email@example.com to see if we can walk 500 miles in one day as a school!
Go over pedestrian and bike safety before your walk/bike ride and practice safety rules as you go. You can even print out signs to bring along, or do a scavenger hunt on your way. Click HERE for safety graphics, signs, and some fun resources. Then come take your photo at a photo booth at the school, enjoy the benefits of walking or biking, and have an EXCELLENT day!
Fall Picture Day for Face to Face Students
Hi Parents - Fall picture day for Creekside Forest Elementary Face to Face Students is Wednesday, October 14th. Package information is available by clicking on the following link Fall Portrait Package & Ordering Information. In an effort to facilitate a contactless ordering process, your school as requested that all picture orders be placed online. Please visit https://www.prepayorders.com/school/cfe6873 to prepay for your package online. The Flyer Code is: cfe6873. No receipt or paperwork will need to be turned into the school. Please have your student dressed in their best for their Fall photo!
Provine School Pictures
8305 Kempwood Dr.
Houston, TX 77055
Cougar Birthday Book Club
We are delighted to offer the “Cougar Birthday Book Club” at Creekside Forest Elementary Library again this year. Parents, grandparents, and friends may surprise a student by donating a new book to the library in honor of his/her birthday or other special event. For more information, click the following link Birthday Book Club Information.
Leave a legacy and sign your child up through your School Cash account before October 30th.
As always, thank you for supporting our library program!
Gretchen Hock firstname.lastname@example.org
Let's put our hands, hearts and resources together to make a difference!
Reminder that our October CFES Cares is in full swing. You can help support this great effort by:
- As a family decorate paper lunch sacks using a Fall Theme
- Donate Individually wrapped candy, snack crackers, granola bars, juice boxes, or chips. Collection bins are in the front foyer for F2F students and are places outside at the front of the campus for TVS students
All bags and items are due by Tuesday, October 13th.
- Become a member of PTO
- Sign up for a birthday marquee announcement (starts Sept 9th at 9am)
- Last chance to purchase 2019/2020 Yearbooks
Interested in being a Room Parent this year?
CFES Spirit Wear has arrived!
Spirit Wear orders are in! All face to face orders will be sent home with the oldest child this week. For virtual students, orders may be picked up at The Irick's home (46 N. Bacopa Dr.) during the following dates and times:
Tuesday 10/6 and Thursday 10/8 9:30 am-12:30 pm Tues /Wed/Thurs 1:30-3:30 pm Wednesday 10/7 5:30-7:30pm
If possible, please text and let Mrs. Kristen Irick (512-554-3549) when you are coming, the oldest child’s name and grade, and if you would prefer contactless pick up.
The PTO offers a range of promotional opportunities to local businesses through Community Sponsorship. If you own a business and would like to gain exposure to the CFES community while supporting our school, there are a variety of sponsorship opportunities throughout the year. For more information, contact Shelley Brownrigg at email@example.com. Thank you!
Procedure Reminders for Face To Face Families
- If your child needs to have an early dismissal or leave school during the school day, you will need to park and come in to sign them out. Please remember everyone entering our building is required to wear a mask. It is always helpful if you send a note that morning so the teacher is aware.
- If your child is tardy (meaning they are not in their classroom prior to the 8:40 am bell) we kindly ask that you park and walk your child to the front door. Please ring the bell and let Mrs. Jenkins know that your child is tardy and you are dropping them off. Your child will get a tardy slip from the front office first and then report to class.
| || |
cfes campus information
13 General PTO meeting
13 Last day to make donations to CFES Cares Community Outreach Project
14 Picture Day for Face to Face students
16 TISD Patriotic Show (Kyle Field in College Station)
19 Spirit Night at Craft Grill (all day) - Be sure to tell them you are with CFES and ask them to turn in your receipt so that CFES will get credit.
26-30 Red Ribbon Week