Become a U.S. Citizen Today
The Naturalization Process
Step 1 of the Naturalization Process : Requirements
- must be at least 18 years old
- have been a permanent resident for 3-5 years
- be a person of good moral character
- take the Naturalization test
Step 2 of the Naturalization Process: Paperwork
- Get 2 passport style photos taken
- Collect documents to support your eligibility (Go to www.uscis.gov/natzguide for more info)
- Send in your N-400 form!
Step 3 of the Naturalization Process: Background Check
- Make a biometrics appointment at an approved USCIS office to be fingerprinted (this is part of the background check!)
After your background check, you will receive an appointment notice for a naturalization interview.
Step 4 of Naturalization Process: Your Interview and Test
Step 5 of the Naturalization Process: Final Stage
- Complete the questionnaire Form N-445
- Report to your Oath Ceremony
- Check in with USCIS
- Turn in your permanent Residence Card
- Take the Oath of Allegiance
- Receive your Certificate!
Congratulations on Becoming an Official U.S. Citizen!!