Countdown to ELAR STAAR
Intentional Instruction Leading up to the Assessment
February 1, 2018 / IN-PERSON SEMINAR
Engaging Students in Purposeful Practice
Benefits of Attending
- Learn Effective Goal Setting & Monitoring Techniques.
- Plan for Intentional Practice Tasks that Motivate Students.
- Take Away Games for Content Review
- Integrate Collaborative Discussions Into Your Instruction.
- Reading & Writing integration
- Employ Students in Comprehension Strategies
- Gain Knowledge About Inquiry groups & How They Benefit Students
- Planning Strategically for Interventions
- See Projects Employ Many Reading & Writing Skills
- Learn Motivation Techniques
- Focus on Student Interests & Giving Choice
- Gain Test Taking Strategies That Work
- Receive Mentor Text Suggestions
- Participate in Engaging Fluency Activities
- Learn Test Review Vs. Test Practice
- Walk Away With Guided & Independent Practice Ideas
- Unit Planning & Mapping Guidance Provided
- And MUCH MORE!
Meet the Trainers
Randi Anderson is an elementary educator, blogger, and staff developer with almost 10 years of experience. She taught third and fourth grade in title one schools in the Fort Worth area. Before entering the classroom, Randi studied early childhood education and English as a second language at The University of Texas at Austin. She has a strong passion for making reading and writing authentic and engaging for her students.
"Powerful strategies that I can use with my students. Walking away full of ideas." -Tracy
"Fun and energetic training! Loved singing and role playing out the ideas presented." -Maria
Check Out Kelly Harmon's Book on Practice!
Kelly Harmon & Robert Marzano teamed up to write Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes. The book is part of the Essentials for Achieving Rigor Series.
Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes: Classroom Techniques to Help Students Develop Proficiency explores explicit techniques for mastering this crucial strategy of instructional practice. It includes:
- Explicit steps for implementation
- Recommendations for monitoring students’ ability to develop fluent thinking
- Adaptations for students who struggle, have special needs, or excel in learning
- Examples and non-examples from classroom practice
- Common mistakes and ways to avoid them
$225 Per Participant
We offer early bird & group discounts. Please contact for more info.
How to Register:
You can email or fax in your registration form & purchase order. Download a registration form below.
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to: (972) 369-7327
We accept: Cash, Check, Credit Card, & Purchase Order
If you plan to pay by credit card, please call to pay with our office.
Please contact us with any other questions or needs you may have at (817) 583-1290
Countdown to ELAR STAAR Workshop
Thursday, Feb. 1st, 8:30am to Friday, Feb. 2nd, 10:30am
Plano, TX, United States
9:00am -12:00pm Morning Session
12:00pm - 1:00pm Lunch Break
1:00pm - 4:00pm Afternoon Session
6 Hours of Professional Development Credit will be Awarded
B.Y.O.D (Bring Your Own Device)
RSVPs are enabled for this event.