Ms. Crisp's Weekly Newsletter
December 7th - 11th, 2015
What's Happening This Week?
Last Wednesday was our UNCA volunteer Emma Rogers' last day. The students were very sweet and they signed a card and took a cute picture with her to show their appreciation!
Last week, your child went home with a set of multiplication cards. Please make sure that they come to school with them on Tuesday!
We will begin doing multiplication practice as homework, using those multiplication cards. Each night, your student will be practicing their multiplication facts for 10 minutes using the cards they made. This will help improve their multiplication fluency.
In other news, Dojo seems to be working out great! Thanks for the feedback!
What Are We Learning This Week?
- Daily 5: Persuasive writing and, as always, building up stamina to be better readers and writers.
- Reading Groups: Vocabulary and using context clues.
- Social Studies: Finishing local and national government.
- Science: Beginning forces and motion!
- Math: Continuing skip counting, number charts, and arrays to learn multiplication. Working on our multiplication facts and fluency.
Cheez-its or Cheese Nips
Animal crackers (not frosted)
Fruits and veggies (dried or otherwise)
Individually packaged snacks, like granola bars or portion bags of popcorn
- Any kind of healthy snack that I can give out to the whole class!
We also are beginning to run low on:
Thank you for your generosity!