Columbia Heights Public Schools
Sept. 16, 2021
Did You Know?
You can translate this newsletter, change the text size or view in high-contrast mode! Look for the Accessibility icon and click to view all your options!
¿Sabías? ¡Puedes traducir este boletín, cambiar el tamaño del texto o verlo en modo de alto contraste! Busque el icono de Accesibilidad y haga clic para ver todas sus opciones.
Please Don't Come to School if You Aren't Feeling Well!
If you have these symptoms please do not come to school and please get tested for COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
This list does not include all possible symptoms but if you have these symptoms please stay home except to get tested or seek medical care. The Minnesota Department of Health is a good resource for more information.
Safe Return to School 2021-2022
What can you do to help us have a safer school year?
- Get vaccinated if you are age eligible
- Wear your mask consistently and appropriately! (If people are appropriately masked then it decreases the need to quarantine if they were near someone with COVID-19. This is especially important as it decreases whole classes needing to quarantine!)
- Wear your mask on the bus! Bus drivers will provide masks if you do not have one! Everyone must wear masks on the bus to protect everyone
- Stay home if you aren't feeling well or if a family member has COVID-19 symptoms
- Get tested regularly for COVID-19
- Space matters- Keep up the physical distance between you and others as much as possible
- General hygiene practices such as regular handwashing and cleaning surfaces
CHPS is committed to providing excellent educational and enrichment opportunities for our students with health and safety as a priority. CHPS will "Heighten Up!" with:
- Academic Acceleration
- Mental Health Supports
- Family and Community Engagement
- Facility Upgrades
For more information please visit our Safe Return to Learning Page on the CHPS website
CHPS School Day to End Two Hours Early for Four Teacher Data Days
CHPS Transportation and Zonar MyView Bus App Update
To set up Zonar MyView:
- Download the Zonar MyView app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Enter the above School Access Code (55421).
- Enter your child’s unique student ID. If you don't know your student's ID or aren't sure how to find it, contact your child's school.
- Enter your child(s) bus number(s). The child's bus number is listed on the postcard from the bus company and can also be found in ParentVUE.
- Create alert zones around drop-off and pick-up points.
When your child’s bus enters an alert zone, you will receive notification by email or text.
Current Families- New Online Tool to Update Your Information
New this year: online tool replacing paper form!
Use this tool to make sure your information on file is up to date so you receive all school and district communication throughout the year.
Log in to ParentVUE to verify your address, emergency contacts, phone number, email & more.
Click Online Registration in the upper right-hand corner to begin this process.
Don’t have a ParentVUE account yet? Contact your school office for an activation key to get started.
Columbia Heights High School
North Park Elementary
Valley View Elementary
“Clue- On Stage” will be our Fall Play at CHHS, auditions occurred this week. If you are still interested please contact the Activities Office.
CA Musical is coming! Auditions will be on October 4th and 5th from 3:15-5:15pm in room 156 at CA.
NEW OPPORTUNITY for 6th-12th grade students:
Ultimate Frisbee and Cross Country are being offered through ENCORE – register here
CA Students-REGISTER NOW for:
7th and 8th grade: Adapted Soccer – Girls Tennis – Girls Swim & Dive
All CA students: Robotics – Football - Girls Volleyball – Boys & Girls Soccer – Strength Training
Sports Physical for all Athletics
Every athlete participating in school-year sports must have a physical on file with the Activities Office. Sports physicals are valid for three years. Download the form now.
Upcoming Home Games
Saturday, September 18
9 am Volleyball: Varsity Tournament @ Hylander Center
1 pm CA Football Game vs. Fridley @ CA Football Field
Monday, September 20
4:00 pm Tennis: Girls Varsity Match vs. Cooper @ CHHS Tennis Court
Tuesday, September 21
3:45 pm CA Volleyball Match vs. St Anthony Village @ CA
4:00 pm Tennis: Girls Varsity Match vs. St Anthony Village @ CHHS Tennis Court
4:30 pm Tennis: Girls Varsity Match vs. Cooper @ CHHS Tennis Court
4:30 pm Adapted Soccer: Varsity Game vs. St Cloud Apollo @ Hylander Center Gym
4:30 pm Volleyball JV/C Match vs. Visitation @ CHHS Gym
5:00 pm Soccer: Boys Varsity Game vs. Brooklyn Center @ CHHS Stadium
6:00 pm Volleyball Varsity Match vs. Visitation @ CHHS Gym
7:00 pm Soccer: Girls Varsity Game vs. Visitation @ CHHS Stadium
Thursday, September 23
3:45 pm CA Volleyball Match vs. Roseville @ CA
5:30 pm Swim & Dive: Girls Varsity Meet vs. Mpls Southwest @ CHHS Pool
Athletics Calendar: https://trimetro.org/public/genie/5/school/3737/
More information can be found at the CHPS Activities Website or contact the Activities Office at 763-528-4511
All meals in CHPS are free for all students during the 2021-2022 school year! Please still complete the Educational Benefits Application which provides additional benefits for families and helps the District provide vital programs!
Application for Educational Benefits
Columbia Heights Public Schools offers educational benefits to qualifying families – including free and reduced-price meals – which can help both your family and your school! Though all meals are free for all students during the 2021-2022 school year, it is still very important for all families to complete this Education Benefits application as families receive additional benefits listed below and it is critically important for District funding that supports student programs.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture is allowing schools to provide all meals to all students at no cost to families for the 2021-2022 school year.
Applications are not required to receive this free meal benefit, but families should still complete this application to receive other benefits, including:
· Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT), a federal temporary emergency nutrition benefit for families to purchase food.
· Reduced fees for activities, early childhood programming, college applications and more!
· Compensatory funds for the District to reduce class sizes, provide counseling and social work services and more.
· Title 1 funds for academic support.
· and more!
Come Work With Us at Columbia Heights Public Schools!
Check Out Our Social Media Accounts!
We have added a handful of new social media pages for our district! We are listing all usernames for each one below! Follow and Like the pages to get updates and other fun posts from each school/department!
Facebook: Columbia Heights Public Schools
Activities and Athletics:
Facebook: Hylander Activities
Columbia Heights High School:
Facebook: Columbia Heights High School
Facebook: Columbia Academy
Facebook: North Park School for Innovation
Facebook: Valley View Elementary School
Facebook: Columbia Heights Public Schools Community Ed