Light up your holiday sweaters
December 15th makerspace workshop
Everyone is invited
Lower, Middle, and Upper School students are invited along with staff and faculty -- even parents and alums! Spend time together having fun and learning with each other.
- Workshop orientations on Monday @ 8am, 10am, 12:15pm, 3:15pm
- Drop in to work on your project through the week
- Optional show-and-tell on Friday afternoon @ 2:45
Use conductive thread and LED lights to step your ugly holiday sweaters up a notch. Monday's orientation will orient you to the basics of sewing and circuitry, and how we can combine the two. There will be plenty of examples and opportunities to practice. Come back whenever you can throughout the week and you will be set to take home your masterpiece for winter break.
Plenty of excitement for the long winter months...
A few examples coming up when we get back from winter break:
- Explore Squishy Circuits
- Invent musical instruments with MaKey MaKeys
- Create light-up, pop-up Valentine's Day cards
- Design your own stained glass projects
We will also be running workshops facilitated by students. Do you have an idea? Let us know! Here's what we've got so far:
- Learning how to knit and crochet
- Learning more about 3D modeling to design iPhone cases & toy cars
- Learning about silkscreening and designing your own t-shirts
- Whatever else you can come up with!