Wessagusset Primary School
Weekly Newsletter - March 13, 2022
What's New At Wessagusset:
Daylight Savings time is here! (Which means I will be asking, "But what time is it really?" for the next 2 weeks.). Although we are losing an hour, I know we're all excited for lighter, brighter evenings and all things spring! In each classroom I visited this week I saw small group instruction, heard academic conversations, and felt lots of positive energy - wonderful things are happening at Wessagusset!
Below you will find helpful information for the weeks ahead:
It is time for students to update their Chromebooks! Directions can be found here.
Lifetouch Individual and Class Pictures will take place on Thursday, March 24th. Information will be sent home this week.
- THANK YOU to our Parent Council for the fantastic new Recess bins and equipment! Students used the new equipment yesterday and had a blast! We are so appreciative that the equipment is fun and inclusive for all.
March is National Developmental Disability Awareness Month - To learn more about how WPS is building awareness and order a bracelet, check out this link: Developmental Disability Awareness Month
This month's SEPAC meeting will take place on March 22 at 6:30pm. At 7:00pm they will be hosting the Massachusetts Advocates for Children for an anti-bullying presentation. This promises to be an important and informative event.
MCAS testing will be here before we know it! Please note the date change for Grades 3 and 5 Math:
April 5th and 6th - Grades 3 and 5 ELA
April 11th and 13th - Grade 4 ELA
April 26th and 27th - Grades 3 and 5 Math
May 3rd and 4th - Grade 4 Math
May 24th and 25th - Grade 5 Science
- ST Math March Mathness Challenge: This month the Weymouth Primary Schools are bringing back the ST Math “March Mathness” Challenge. During the month schools will be competing head to head with one another to see who can complete the most puzzles each week. Puzzles can be completed both in school and at home. The winning school will host a ST Math Dance Party (complete with a real Disco ball)!
- Kindergarten Registration for the fall is in ongoing - info can be found herehttps://www.weymouthschools.org/
Save the date! Parent Conferences will be held on April 13th and April 14th. Evening conferences on 4/13 will be held in-person from 5pm-8pm, and virtual appointments will be available on 4/14 from 12:25-3:25.
Enjoy the rest of your day!
Wessagusset Elementary School
Follow us on Instagram! @wess_wildcats
COVID-19 Updates & Protocols
Masks: Effective Monday, February 28 masks will be optional in all Weymouth Public Schools, pre-K through Grade 12, for all staff, students and visitors, with the exception of while riding school transportation (per federal public health order). Any individual who chooses to continue to wear a mask in school, including those who are at a higher risk of contracting COVID, will be supported in that choice.
At-Home Testing Resources:
- Opt-In Form for students and staff
- WPS At-Home Testing Information & FAQs
- About the Test: iHealth is a 15-minute at-home rapid antigen test
- Video: How to Administer an At-Home COVID Test
- Text Guide: How Do I Administer an At-Home COVID test?
- Coming Soon! Submit Positive Test Results - This is where you'll report a positive test result from your school administered at-home weekly test.
If you or know of someone whose child will be 5 before September 1st of this year please have them register for the 2022-2023 kindergarten year. To begin the process please follow the link to the district's registration site here.
- District Calendar - School Committee approved holidays, vacations, tems and staff development
- Tech Support for Families - Submit a ticket for support. Reminder* be sure to update your child’s Chrome OS on the weekends, often and early!
- WPS Opportunities Resources - Family and community resources
- Special Education Parent Advisory Council - Meeting Dates
- Champions Before and After School Care - 781-812-8735 or email@example.com
- Aspen Family Portal - Student Attendance, Contact Info & Communications or Locate Your Child's Report Card or Special Education Report
- Blackboard Communications - Opt In and Opt Out Instructions
- Town Wide Parent Council - Meets the Second Tuesday of Each Month
- Volunteer to Become a Parent/Guardian/Caregiver ELL Immigrant Liaison