The Bethune Bulletin
September 19-23, 2016
District Core Beliefs
· Our main purpose is to improve student academic achievement.
· Effective instruction makes the most difference in student academic performance.
· There is no excuse for poor quality instruction.
· With our help, at risk students will achieve at the same rate as non-at risk students.
· Staff members must have a commitment to children and a commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
Bethune Key Actions
- We will use our District's and School’s core beliefs and philosophy to develop a culture of feedback and support to improve the quality of instruction.
We will improve the quality of instruction across all content areas and for each sub-group by engaging students in rigorous/relevant activities that involve higher order thinking skills
- We will use data-driven and differentiated instruction to progress monitor and increase student achievement.
- We will engage and develop strong relationships with parents, community and volunteers to increase our family and community engagement.
Schools Goals for 2016-2017
- 75% or higher Passing
- 20% or higher Advanced Performance
Message from Ms. Hernandez
Together we can make it happen!
Week at a Glance
Six Weeks Test for 3rd-5th grade
Monday, September 19
- Committees after-school Discipline
Tuesday, September 20
- ARD @ 8:40 am (5th Gen. ED)
- ARD @ 9:40 am (4th Gen. ED)
Wednesday, September 21
- SBDM @ 8:30 am
Thursday, September 22
- Staff Meeting
Friday, September 23
Saturday, September 24
- Prep-U Event @ Stockard MS (9-12 pm)
Instructional Coaches Corner
Did you know?
Attendance on Gradespeed before 9:00 a.m.
Lesson Plans due Friday by 8:00 a.m. to CICs
Grades updated on Gradespeed weekly (Progress Reports go home 09/14/16)
Please be prompt with picking up and dropping off students.
Compliance Videos due Sept. 28