Diamond A. 5th Period
What was the change?
A few scholars published works that challenged the ideas of the ancient thinkers and the church. As these scholars replaced old assumptions with new theories, they launched a change in European thoughts. the Scientific Revolution was a new way of thinking about the natural world.
Who were the people associated with the change?
- Galileo was the most successful scientist of scientific.
- Galileo's success in making a telescope with a magnifying power of about 40.
- Francis advocacy of "active science " influenced the culture of the culture of the English-speaking world.
- He is considered the most important English thinker of the Elizabethan Era.
- Francis was elected to his first term in Parliament.
How did the change impact society at the time?
- Age of Exploration led Scientists to study natural world more closely.
- Other things to be discovered, things unknown to ancients.
- Navigators needed more accurate instruments, geographic knowledge.
- Scientists examined natural world, found it did not match ancient beliefs.