JPII Back to School Newsletter
Welcome, we are glad you're here!
Our Mission and Vision
St. John Paul II Catholic School Mission Statement:
In unity with St. Matthew's Catholic Church, St. John Paul II Catholic School is committed to fostering a strong Catholic foundation of faith, family, community and academics in a Christ-centered environment.
St. John Paul II Catholic School Vision Statement:
Catholic education is an explicit expression of the evangelizing mission entrusted by Jesus to His Church. Our mission at St. John Paul II Catholic School at St. Matthew's is:
- to teach the message of Jesus Christ through prayer, word, and example;
- to promote self-confidence, moral and spiritual values, enabling the student to reach full awareness of their God-given talents;
- to build within the parish setting a strong community based on Christian faith and service;
- to provide a structured and enriched education program in an atmosphere that empowers students to achieve their potential as children of God who impact the local and global community.
SOARING TO NEW HEIGHTS
Other than college, Gillette has always been my home. I grew up attending Mass at St.Matthew's Church and am now blessed to raise my own family in the church. My husband, Ryan and I celebrated our fifteen wedding anniversary this last summer. Our greatest accomplishment has been our two children, Drew and Kendall. Drew will be in fifth grade at JPII and Kendall will start her high school journey at Thunder Basin High School this fall. We spend a lot of time traveling with sports, golfing, and enjoying fun family vacations together.
This will be my eighteenth year in education. I graduated in 2000 from Montana State University-Billings with my bachelor's degree in Elementary and Special Education. I began my career at Lakeview Elementary teaching second and fourth grade for ten years. The opportunity presented itself to assist in the opening of Buffalo Ridge. I transferred to Buffalo Ridge and taught second grade for the next four years. During my years of teaching, I was very active on a variety of committees and have always been fascinated by the reading process and literacy development. I pursued my life long goal of obtaining my Master's degree from Walden University and soon after accepted the position of the Elementary Language Arts Facilitator. In this position, I worked closely with teachers, instructional facilitators, and administrators. I also had the opportunity to work closely with some of the best educational researchers in field. This past year, I joined the JPII staff and taught third grade. In the upcoming year, I will embark on my newest learning opportunity of serving as the principal of JPII. God has truly blessed me with a love of learning and working with amazing students and teachers throughout my career. My goals for this upcoming year are:
* To build relationships with students, staff, and parents
* To create an environment where students feel safe, loved, and empowered as learners.
* To know every student and parents' name by the end of the year
* To celebrate the amazing students, staff, and incredible learning happening at our school.
* Communicate through a variety of forms of media (monthly newsletter, website, facebook, apps)
This year will be full of many celebrations and opportunities to learn and grow from one another. I look forward to working with each and everyone of you. See you soon!
School Uniform Exchange
Monday, Aug. 6th, 8am to Friday, Aug. 10th, 1pm
To shop, simply follow these steps:
- Visit www.frenchtoast.com and Click on “Shop By School” in the top navigation of the website.
- Enter our school code (QS5CKQN)
- Click on our School Name
- Shop our school’s dress code list
Click on the link below for the specific dress code requirements at JPII:
Meet and Greet at Edwards Shelter
Wednesday, Aug. 15th, 6-8pm
900 Edwards Street
August 20th from 4:oo-6:00
Come see your classroom and meet your teacher for the upcoming school year!
August 21st from 8:00-3:00
The first day of school for 1st grade- 8th grade!
August 21st Orientation
8:15-9:00: Kindergarten Orientation with Mrs. Clark and Mrs. Conrad9:00-10:00: Preschool Orientation with Mrs. Rye and Mrs. Christopherson
(Mrs. Martin will be sending home a letter on her different orientation times)
First Day of School for PreK- Kindergarten Aug.22nd
August 20th from 4:oo-6:00
Mallo Camp for 5th and 6th Grade Students
* We need parent volunteers to stay in cabins and/or help with lessons. If you are interested, please email me or fill out the following form. Please fill out the form below.
Robotics Coaches Needed (VEX IQ)
We have an exciting opportunity at JPII to participate in learning and competing with robotics. If you are interested or know of a grandparent that would be interested in helping coach a robotics team please email me. Depending on the interest, we may have more than one team. This could likely be an after school club or possibly an elective for the middle school. The first training will be offered Friday, August 3rd & Saturday, August 4th at AREA 59 (in Gillette). Below is the link to more information about the VEX IQ.https://www.roboticseducation.org/competition-teams/vex-iq-challenge/
We will continue to update our website with TONS of great information .