Friedell Middle School
May 31 - June 4
The Week Ahead!
Here is what is happening in - The Week Ahead:
- May 31 - No School: Memorial Day
- June 1 - B Day
- June 2 - A Day
- June 3 - B Day
- June 4 - A Day
- May 31 - No School: Memorial Day
- Library Books are DUE! If you have a library book at home, please return that to the Friedell Library.
- June 3 - iPad turn in for 'in person learners' (DL students keep their iPads a bit longer!)
- June 4 - 8th grade Recognition: Virtual event with more details coming for families!
- June 7 - Item return for DL students (Noon - 6 p.m.)
- June 8 - Item return for DL students (8:00 a.m. - Noon)
- August 17 - Schedule Pick-up from Noon to 6:00 p.m.
- The Friedell office is open daily from 7:15 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please call if you have questions or need support!
- Each day we do need all students to complete the daily health screener before coming to school.
- Parents, please remember the recent change that students may be outdoors without a mask. We do ask that students continue to socially distance while outdoors.
- In the morning, we use Door 1 by the gym for drop off. Do not pull up further than the sidewalk by Door 1 to drop your student before school.
Wondering if the yearbook is happening this year? 👉 Yes
ALL THE THINGS. ALL IN THIS BOOK.
This school year will be talked about forever. Our yearbook program is working hard to put together a historic book that will be looked back upon to remember one of the most unpredictable school years of all time.
Order today so we make sure there are enough copies for everyone - www.jostensyearbooks.com.
EVERYTHING that’s been happening at school!
The yearbook will be delivered in August this year. Our yearbook final order deadline is coming fast – only a couple weeks left. Make sure to order in the next couple days to guarantee a copy of this historical record!
You can purchase these books online at www.jostensyearbooks.com or through the direct link below while quantities last.
If you would still like to submit a photo of your child for the yearbook, you can attach one to this link: https://forms.gle/sMPqzZ7dSMcAGXGL8
Please take a few moments to complete this short feedback form. This has questions about morning drop off, as well as questions around the phone usage for students at school. Your feedback is appreciated. Know that students will be receiving the same survey in their grade level Google Classrooms!
- Please locate the charger and 'brick' (Part that plugs into the wall!) This will be collected next week, and we do need each student to return the brick and charger they were issued.
- Students also need earbuds/headphones each day at school
- Students should start saving all photos and videos to their Google Drive. iPads will be reset and those items will be lost if not saved.
We have recently noticed a trend where iPads are not charged, or students are not bringing earbuds/headphones. Please make certain your students have these items daily. If you need help with making this happen, please reach out to the Friedell office for support!
PTSA Support Needed!
- VIE (Volunteers in Education) Coordinator
- Vice President, and other roles as well
If interested in a position, please reach out via email to the Friedell PTSA!
REMINDERS FOR STUDENT HEALTH AND SAFETY
When I have a sick child:
- If your child has any of the symptoms listed on the COVID screening tool, s/he should be staying home from school.
- If you have multiple children, and one is staying home because they are ill, all children in your family are to be kept home.
- Please inform the school of any symptoms your child is experiencing.
- If you have questions about what to do or next steps, just give us a call. We are happy to guide you.
Student Support Services