A Noble Gas
- Found in 1900 in Germany by Friedrich Ernst Dorn.
- Originally called niton
- Ever since 1923 its been called radon
- Used for therapeutic practices
- Used to predict earthquakes
- Used for radiation therapy in hospitals
Biology and Geology
- Radon has no biological role
- Often associated with uranium ores
- A serious safety issue if you are around this gas
- Can come from build up of rocks and soil
- When a solid its mass is 4400 kg.
- Melting point is -71 degrees Celsius.
- Boiling point is at -61.7 degrees Celsius.
- Its a gas
- Can change color and its oderless
- It’s an inert.
- Although its dangerous its used in therapy.
- It can change colors at melting and boiling points.
- Can come from soil and rock buildup around houses.
- Its a dangerous gas
- Radon is a clorless gas