3rd Grade Music Notes
Our November/December Learning Goals
- I will be able to read music. (We worked on this one A LOT!)
- I will be able to listen and identify Major and Minor music
- I will be able to play and sing a song with ABA form.
- I will be able to identify form
Our November/December Songs
- Old Joe Clark
- Great Big House in New Orleans
- Twelfth Street Rag (listening)
- Jazz Pizzicato (listening)
- Burn Little Candles
- Major/Minor Song (listening)
Learning How to Read Music
Mr. Everybody's Musical Apartment is a silly story that we use to help us learn how to name the notes on the music staff (those five lines and four spaces). We use the initials of the characters to learn the names on the notes. We have begun to learn new notes in Book 3 and will begin testing over these new characters after break. The week before a test, students will get their own set of flashcards to take home and study as homework.
You can learn more about Mr. Everybody's Musical Apartment by visiting the JM Music Website: http://hobart.schoolwires.com/Page/3190
- January 19, 6:00pm- 1st Grade "Informance" Concert (Miss Backe and Miss Jolliff's classes) Grandparents day at 2pm
- January 21, 6:00pm- 1st Grade "Informance" Concert (Mrs. LaVelle, Mrs. Peeler, and Mrs. Evans's classes) Grandparents day at 2pm
- February 26, 6:30pm- 4th Grade Drama Club Performance
- March 17, 6:30pm- 5th Grade Concert (Grandparents day at 2pm)
- March 22-24 Instrument Zoo during Music Class
- April 12, 6:30pm- 3rd Grade Concert (Grandparents day at 2pm)
- May 16-20 Talent Week in Music Class
Are You Signed Up for JM Music Remind?
Remind is a free, safe, and simple messaging tool that helps teachers share important updates and reminders with students & parents. Subscribe by text, email or using the Remind app. All personal information is kept private. Teachers will never see your phone number, nor will you see theirs.
Go to this link to sign up: https://www.remind.com/join/jmmusic3