Essential Things You Should Know Before Selecting an Electronic Contract Manufacturing Vendor
Outsourcing is commonplace in the electronics manufacturing industry. Without it, many companies will not be able to survive or succeed. Electronic contract manufacturing vendors can offload redundant manufacturing tasks and other activities like design and testing, management of materials, logistics, and order fulfillment. Choosing the right electronic contract manufacturer is can be tricky, but these tips should help you make the right decision:
- Keep the following things in check: your geographical location, budget, and your capabilities in material management, quality control, and technical aspects. Doing this should help you decide which electronic contract manufacturer you should hire. Before you even start searching for a contract manufacturer, define your expectations.
- Find out the types of equipment being used. Reputable surface mount PCB assembly manufacturers use state of the art equipment like high-speed Yamaha surface mount lines.
- Make sure the electronic contract manufacturing vendor has an IPC certified staff. Its personnel must be trained to IPC-A-610 class 2 & 3, and IPC J-STD-001 class 2 & 3. Work with a vendor that provides quality management systems, ECNs, and documentation online.
- Look at their certifications. Consider a vendor that is TS 16949 and ISO 9001 certified, and compliant to ISO 13485 and AS 9100.
- Verify the experience of the electronic contract manufacturing vendor in electronic design and circuit board assembly. The best ones have at least three decades of experience working with various clients in the medical, aerospace, military, telecommunications, and automotive industries.
- Where are the PCBs and SMTs manufactured and assembled? Make sure the vendor has its state of the art production facility where assembly and testing occur, too. This way, you can be sure that only a single vendor is working on your project, and you can save money down the line, too.
About the Company:
ADCO Circuits offers electronic design and circuit board assembly services to aerospace/military, telecommunications, automotive, industrial/commercial, wireless and medical equipment markets. They provide electronic designing, contract manufacturing, rapid prototyping and PCB assembly services in Michigan. They are an ISO 9001 and TS 16949 certified and compliant to AS 9100 and ISO 13485.