Bobcats Paw "Prints"
Week of March 21, 2016
What's going on at RBMES?
Kindergarten students participated in a PBL where they had to create a bridge for the leprechaun to cross.
2nd graders had fun with a St. Patrick's Day PBL where they created leprechaun traps.
Ms. Parham was showing her 3rd grade students how to use 4 mallets when playing the bells.
- Please don't forget to complete your Teaching and Working Conditions Survey. The window closes March 25. We are hoping for 100% staff participation and are up to 75% so far! If you have any questions or have misplaced your access code see Crista Lantz. If we can reach our goal of 100% participation we will have jeans week the week after spring break (4/4-4/8)!
- Jenny Byrd and Christy Clary are facilitating touch safety/sexual abuse prevention for 3-5 students on Tuesday. If K-2 teachers are interested in the lessons you can see Jenny or Christy.
- Thursday is an early release day with mandatory professional development in the afternoon. We will meet in the media center as soon as students dismiss. Lunch will be provided for you (pizza, cookies, and soda). There will be a signup sheet in the office for grade levels to sign up for items to bring for a salad bar. Please stop by and sign up! We will start our PD relatively quickly so that we can finish and you can start your spring break. Our culturally responsive team will be sharing information that we received from the district training this past week. The PD will be anywhere from an hour to an hour and half.
- Beth emailed the lunch schedule for Thursday. Please make sure you know when your kids can pick up their bag lunches.
- 3rd quarter grades are due Wednesday, 4/6. Please make sure that grades are finalized and the required form in submitted to Tess before you leave on 4/6. Forms will be placed in your blue folder along with class rosters on Monday 4/4.
- We will be having a beautification day on Saturday 4/23 from 9:00-11:00. We will be cleaning up around our school grounds, planting plants, pressure washing and much more! If you or anyone in your family would be willing to help we would love to have you! We will be sending home information to the kids after spring break.
- We will be offering tours to STEM families on 4/25 from 6:00-7:00 and 4/26 from 9:30-10:30. If you would like to help with our evening time please let me know. **We will not be interrupting your instruction on 4/26.**
Mark your calendar
- 3/22- No SIT meeting; subcommittees will meet if needed
- 3/24- Early release day with mandatory school based PD in the afternoon; PBIS class behavior card lists and encore data due; 3rd quarter ends
- 3/25- Optional teacher workday; last day to complete TWC
- 3/28-4/1- Spring break... REST, RELAX & ENJOY!
- 4/5- Concord Middle School counselors visit 5th grade students 11:45-12:45; Faculty meeting
- 4/6- 3rd quarter grades due
- 4/7- Volleyball game vs. Beverly Hills at 6:00 at Concord High School
- 4/8- JDRF kickoff; Movie night
- 4/11-4/15- Volunteer appreciation week
- 4/11- Report cards go home
- 4/12- Staff PD
- 4/19- SIT subcommittees meet
- 4/22- JDRF walk
- 4/23- Beautification day 9:00-11:00
- 4/25- STEM tour 6:00-7:00
- 4/26- STEM tour 9:30-10:30; SIT meeting
Happy March Birthday!
- 3/29- Michelle Webb