Spring Hill Intermediate's Monthly Parent Newsletter
This calendar can also be accessed on the SH Intermediate Webpage at www.shisd.net. Click on the Intermediate home page. Scroll all the way to the bottom to see the calendar.
Our school is rated on whether or not we have good attendance! The new A-F rating system uses our DAILY ATTENDANCE to calculate Domain IV. This portion of our rating accounts for 35% of our campus’s overall grade.
At the elementary and middle school level this will involve the use of chronic absenteeism. The Texas Education Agency engaged in extensive stakeholder conversations to determine whether additional indicators could be used in elementary and middle school, but no suitable additional indicators could be found.
To read more: http://tea.texas.gov/A-F
Our Recent Attendance has:
April 10- 94.75%
April 7- 96.8%
April 6- 98.53%
April 5- 97.7%
April 4- 97.4%
April 3- 95.8%
We need 98% to make an "A"...an average of the dates listed above is 96.8%. 96% would earn us a "B" ranking according to the state!
Here is a quick list of events coming soon at the Intermediate!
- April 13th- End of the 5th Six Weeks!
- April 14th- Good Friday Holiday
- April 20th- Report Cards Sent Home
- April 26th- Secretary Appreciation Day
- May 1st- 6:30pm 3rd Grade STAAR info and Music Program (Students arrive at 6:15 in Gym)
- May 5th- Think Through Math Rewards at Recess
- May 8th, 9th, 10th STAAR Grades 3-5 (see info below)
- May 11th- Progress Reports sent home
- May 12th- 3rd Grade Little Mermaid Ballet at Belcher Center (students and teachers only due to limited seating)
- May 15th- Surprise Reward for Good Behavior!
- May 19th- Intermediate Awards Ceremony: 3rd Grade at 8:30, 4th Grade at 10:30, 5th Grade at 12:00 noon
- May 22nd- 4th Grade Field Trip to iJump in Tyler
- May 23rd- 3rd Grade Field Trip to Longview World of Wonders
- May 24th- 5th Grade Field Trip to iJump in Tyler
- Kickball Tourney (5/22-3rd Grade, 5/23-5th Grade, 5/24-4th Grade)
- May 25th- EARLY RELEASE at 12:10pm and LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
**End of Year Field Trips are being scheduled...we will update our calendar online as they are scheduled. They will be one of the days May 22, 23, or 24**
State Assessments will be happening in the late Spring...dates are below:
March 29th- 5th Grade Reading
May 8th- 3rd and 4th Math
May 9th- 3rd and 4th Reading
May 10th- 5th Grade Science
Reminders for Testing Days:
Here are several important reminders that will help your child perform up to his/her potential:
· Please make sure he/she gets to bed on time to ensure plenty of rest.
· Each student will be offered 1 breakfast item, juice or milk in their classroom at 7:45am on the test day(s). (This will be offered to each student, however students may certainly eat at home)
· We will provide a bottle of water and snack for your child each testing day.
· Please have your child to school on time; the tardy bell rings at 7:45am.
· If your child wears glasses or takes medication, please ensure that these needs are taken care of.
· Because of the STAAR testing, there will be no visitors to the Intermediate campus on any testing day (This includes lunch guests)
· Please do not drop off lunches these two days, as students cannot be interrupted from testing to come to the office to pick up their lunch.
· Please try not to schedule any doctor’s appointments on these two days.
Please encourage your student to have a good day and do their best! Our boys and girls have what it takes to make this year’s STAAR tests a success!!
Boys & Girls Club is offering an After School Program!
Where's the bus?
To Receive information regarding transportation by text message: Sign up with Remind by texting: @shisdbus to 81010
Lunch Money Now
To check your child's balance and pay their bill click below:
Think Through Math- At Home Portal
You can receive text alerts when your child takes an AR test!
Monitoring your child's AR progress from home is simple with Renaissance Learning. Go to: https://Hosted323.renlearn.com/711157/HomeConnect
Username: first initial, last name (no spaces)
Password: lunch number
This link takes you to the accelerated reader website to look up a book! You can look it up to find out reading level or point values!
istation Reading Log-ins
istation: Your child may log in to the iStation website in order to practice reading skills such as vocabulary, comprehension, word analogy, sentence-building, and fluency.Go to: www.istation.com/IstationHome/TX and follow installation instructions
Username: first name, last initial (no space)
Password: student number (same as lunch number)
Call our office to recieve a volunteer packet!
Math and Reading Helper Volunteers
We understand! Sign up below to help on Tuesdays from 2:30-3:00 with Math or Reading!
Please click the link below! This link will direct you to Sign Up Genius-a web service that helps us manage who is coming to help!
REMEMBER: all volunteers must have a completed background check for the current school year!
Click here to sign Up:
As you know, Spring Hill Intermediate is a very special place. We boast of great students and a wonderful staff. A big part of what makes Spring Hill Intermediate a wonderful place is the involvement of parents in our classrooms and school activities. We welcome parents as volunteers and are thankful to have active and involved families.
This year, we will not hold a volunteer orientation. However, we are required to have all parent volunteers fill out the attached application and do a background check and get a copy of their driver’s license.
This will help us to create a volunteer registry. This application applies to all types of volunteer situations within our school. If you are planning on chaperoning a field trip this year, then you must be an approved volunteer. Please fill out the application and return to the office as soon as possible.
Parents who volunteer in the school that their children attend are in a special situation. It is essential that any information learned about or from the students is kept confidential. If you have a concern about a child, please speak to the child’s teacher or an administrator. Volunteers must refrain from discussing the capabilities, behavior, attitudes, etc., of students with anyone besides school personnel.
Parent volunteers must show discretion and tact in conversations about the school and teachers. This is a challenging and rewarding role. To make your experience as a school volunteer a beneficial one for the students and for you, please follow these guidelines as you assist in our school.
1. The safety and education of students must be the main concern of volunteers while engaged in school activities.
2. Volunteers may not give students medication.
3. Individual students’ grades, records, and abilities are personal and confidential information.
4. Classroom supervision and student discipline are the responsibilities of the teacher and school.
5. Volunteers should set a good example for students by their manner, appearance and behavior.
6. Volunteers are required to complete an application annually before helping in the school.
7. Volunteers are required to check in and out of the school office and wear a name badge at all times.
8. Volunteers may not bring siblings to the school while completing their volunteer responsibilities.
Thank you for all of your help and your continued support to our school. We look forward to working with you this year!!!
Have you Joined our Intermediate Remind 101 and Facebook?
Join our Remind 101 for SH Intermediate text Updates! TEXT @shpanthers to 81010 to Join!
Click the Facebook Link below to LIKE our page!