We bring the Sonoran Desert to you!
Welcome to Conservancy Kids!
Bats, Glorious Bats!
Interview with a Big Brown Bat
Bats are amazing creatures! They are the only mammals that can fly, they pollinate some of our favorite fruits, and they are important to the Sonoran Desert ecosystem and ecosystems around the world. Join Nicole as she interviews her friend, the big brown bat, and learns more about these incredible animals.
Help Our Amazing Bats!
- Never touch a bat--it can be harmful to both you and the bat.
- If you see a bat that needs help, call Arizona Game and Fish (602-942-3000).
- When possible, use fewer pesticides around your home to protect bats from poisoning.
- Supervise pets if they go outside to keep both your furry friends and bats safe
- If you or anyone you know likes to explore caves, make sure it's done safely for both you and bats in the cave.
- Learn about bats! Talk to family and friends about why bats are awesome and important to our ecosystem.
- Check out the Arizona Game and Fish bat cam: https://www.azgfd.com/wildlife/viewing/webcamlist/bats/bat-cam/
Sharing (virtually) is caring! If you enjoy these newsletters, please pass them on to family and friends.
Have questions about the Sonoran Desert? Want a lesson on a specific topic? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also connect by tagging us on Facebook or Instagram @mcdowellsonoranconservancy.