November 17th, 2023
Dear Marysville Families,
It is hard to have another Friday apart, however I am more hopeful than ever that we are close to a strike resolution. I appreciate all of the support, effort and understanding that the community has shown and I'm sure that we will be back in school in a better situation soon.
The district communicated yesterday that the family - teacher conferences will be canceled for Monday 11/20 and Tuesday 11/21 even if the strike ends this weekend. Teachers need time to prepare for these conversations and complete student grading.
Because school was already closed next week, this means our next possible day to reopen schools would be Monday, Nov. 27.
Meals: Grab and go services have ended
The last day for meal pick up /distribution was Thursday, November 16.
Meals will NOT be available the week of November 20.
Families can access meals through Food Pantries (see Family Resource Guide website for updated locations for next week.)
- School Based Health Centers
- All Multnomah County Student Health Centers will be open next Monday and Tuesday
- This is a great time to get ahead on School Immunizations or other routine visits.
I will let you know as soon as we have updates on future conferences and will continue to be available on Monday and Tuesday next week for questions or conversation.
Marysville Family Association Meeting
Marysville Family Association has invited you to join a video meeting on Google Meet.
Name: MFA Parent Meeting
Time: Fri, Nov 17, 5:00 – 7:00 PM
Join the meeting:
Reminder of Online Learning Resources
The district does have some online learning options if you would like to take advantage of them.
- Video versions of reading coaching sessions are available to anyone and can be watched at any time on any device! Contact the school if you would like the reading coaching student materials to go along with the videos and or a student ChromeBook and student PPS login quickcard.
- Specific learning activities are posted each week in the students' Seesaw classrooms and I- Ready has math practice activities for the students. Find information about these resources here or contact the school for help logging your child into their learning apps.
More information about family resources during the school closure can be found here.