Meadow Brook Staff Newsletter
Week of October 28
Quote of the Week
"Accountability is the glue that ties commitment to the result."
This is a direct link to the shared PLC folder. Once you open it you may want to star it so it won't get lost in the "Shared with Me" folder.
- Monday: (B day) Pajama Day/Music during lunch *student chosen
- Tuesday: (A day) Dress like a Staff member/Trivia during lunch
- Wednesday: (B day) Decade Day/ Music during lunch *teacher chosen-- Mark and Jessica out during the AM
- Thursday: (A day) Dress like your favorite Netflix character/ free choice seating during lunch--6th grade GRIT assembly
- Friday: (B day) PTSO Snack Day-- Wear red or Mustang gear--5th grade GRIT assembly
- As many of you know, kids are pulled from Life Apps classes for a variety of reasons. Our Life Apps teachers do a wonderful job of being flexible and accommodating to all the different needs. With that being said, please be respectful of their class time and know that they have lesson plans and curriculum that they are trying to covering during the 9 weeks. Please refrain from pulling a student from a Life Apps class to work on missing assignments.
- The rumor is right, Jennifer King has accepted a new position with the accounting department for the district. We are so sad to see her go and will miss her terribly! We are so excited to announce that Brooke Carruth will be joining our team!! Brooke and Janeen will do an amazing job in the front office.
New Nine weeks
Things to look forward to:
10/31-- 6th grade GRIT Assembly (100% Accountable)
11/1-- 5th grade GRIT Assembly (100% Accountable)
11/1-- PALs students to the Regional Food Bank 9:00-1:30
11/6-- MBI Band Trip to Philharmonic 10:20-1:30 *they will eat pizza from 10:20-10:40; loading the buses at 10:40
11/8-- Adjusted Schedule (Mindset Matters time) *more info. coming
11/11-11/22-- STAR Testing Window
11/11-- Veterans Day Assemblies 5th grade @ 9; 6th grade @ 2
11/15-- Mustang HS Theater Performance @ 9:30-10:30
11/19-- MBI Band Concert @ 6pm
11/20--Staff Meeting @ 3:20
11/21-- 6th Grade GRIT Assembly (Live to Give)
11/22-- 5th Grade GRIT Assembly (Live to Give)
11/25-11/29-- Thanksgiving Break