Happy New Year
Report Card Reminder
23-24 Kindergarten Registration
Beginning in February, Mrs. Polcaro will be teaching art at Morristown High School. We thank Mrs. Polcaro for all that she has done for Woodland students and wish her the best of luck in her new position.
Social Emotional Newsletter
You are invited to attend Parent Academy Workshop -January 18, 2023 @7pm in the Morristown High School Learning Commons.
- Please give staff 24-48 hours to respond to emails and dojo messages
- ALL DISMISSAL/ PICK UP NOTES AND MESSAGE NEED TO BE SENT TO THE MAIN OFFICE. Teachers do not always see their emails as they are delivering lessons. The office will always let the teacher know. Also, pick up notes must include students first and last name (no nick names)
- Last minute dismissal changes cause confusion and can result in your child ending up on the bus when you don't want them there. We are already loading buses at 3:00 and can't take your child off the bus once it's loaded. The buses pull off immediately to begin the route. All changes to dismissal need to called in by 1:00
- Dismissal begins at 3:00 PM, please try to limit early pick ups so that students don't miss instruction or their specials
Fire and safety drills
Parents will be notified after safety drills are conducted.
Social Work interns at Woodland
For the 22-23 school year, Ms. Lisa and Ms. Kyra will support the Social and Emotional needs of students at Woodland. The interns will shadow our wonderful Mrs. Stonebrink and support us with friendship groups, the class lessons on respect, and how to handle conflict, anxiety, and many other things. Please email email@example.com with any questions about our intern program. Please see the attached program flyer for further details.
If you would like for your child to meet with a social work intern for a social-emotional check-up, please fill out the form below.
- Navigate to https://www.k12paymentcenter.com to add money to your lunch account.
- You can also pay by check written out to Morris School District. Please write your child's name and grade in the memo.
- Please send in a healthy snack with your child each day. Candy and junk food are not permitted.
Please click below to register for the Woodland Home and School Association Website and Portal.
Below you can find the latest E-Blast from our HSA.
The Morris Educational Foundation
THE MORRIS EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION: 30 YEARS PROUD SERVING A 50-YEAR DISTRICT LEGACY
The Morris Educational Foundation (MEF) is proud to continue its mission of generating and distributing resources to enhance the education of the 5,700 students and 1,000 educators in the Morris School District’s 10 schools. For 30 years, the MEF has and will continue to support our District through vibrant grants, supportive tutoring, enlightening parent education and life-changing scholarship programs. Learn more about how the MEF works to enrich and inspire the academic pursuits of all our students by clicking here. With you, our community, we make exceptional education extraordinary.
Click on this link to view a video about what the MEF does for you!
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 16th- School Closed- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day
January 18th- Parent Caregiver workshop
I-Ready Diagnostic testing begins mid-January
January 27th- Spirit Day
January 30th-Early dismissal- Professional development for staff
2022-2023 District Calendar