Classical Conversations NE Philly
WEEK 18 Reminders
Agenda for Janurary 7th Community Day
- The primary attending adult member of each family should have clearances completed by this time! If you have not yet provided me copies for your file, please turn them into Chenwen during our community day this week (you could also e-mail them to me beforehand).
- We have the privilege of hosting one or more visiting families this week. If you see some new faces, please welcome them and help them find their way!
- Our Fine Arts project this week will involve pounding chalk and making paint; please send your student/s with an old shirt or smock if you'd like to guard against getting extra colors on their clothing. :)
- All are welcome to join in prayer for our community in the Journeyman classroom (following the tutor meeting at 8:50).
- Any others are asked to settle and fellowship downstairs...there is hot water and tea available in the kitchen (please remember to bring your own cup with a lid).
- Let's all help all our children stay safe and remind them that there is no running anywhere in the building.
- Community Memory Work Review- Timeline: The Middle Ages
- The Brown family opens official assembly with prayer, pledges, and a family presentation
DISMISSAL TO CLASSES
The program is designed for parents to attend class with their student/s as we learn alongside each other. As some parents also tutor and/or have children in multiple classes, a classroom parent is assigned on a rotating basis to ensure that there is at least one other support person with the tutor in each classroom at all times.
- Abecedarians- Poinson
- Apprentices- Wong
- Jouneyman- Stevens
- Masters- Brown
- Skill Focus: Eye contact: try to look at the audience when you speak
- Topic Suggestion: Tell us about your Christmas holidays. What are some traditions you enjoy? Did you travel? Whom did you see?
***we are a peanut, tree-nut and (warm) dairy free campus ***
(please refer to your community guide for more information, and feel free to check with our food safety coordinators, Jessica Diaz and Alina Vargheese, with any additional questions)
- Students are to be seated in the lunch area until dismissed by a parent/parent-designated adult.
- Recess will not begin until after 12:20 to give the recess monitor a chance to eat. Games will also be available in the lunchroom for indoor play.
- All students remaining on campus after lunch are asked to wash hands after eating (to avoid spreading any potential allergen).
- Parents- please pack an allergy-friendly afternoon snack for students and siblings staying in the afternoon.
- Children not in the Essentials class are to remain with the afternoon club leader.
HELP! It's January. How and Where to begin?