LEAD Innovation Studio
Vol. 4, Issue 14 - November 20, 2020
NOTE FROM THE PRINCIPAL
You should have received a document from your student where they have identified struggles and strategies of distance learning, and developed a schedule for those 2 weeks. We remain optimistic that we will be able to return to our hybrid mode on the 14th of December. We cannot afford to lose time, and have worked hard to make the transition to distance learning and back to hybrid mode as seamless and successful as possible. To that end, please find time to discuss your student's plans, review their schedule, and strategize for supporting them through the distance learning time.
We feel well prepared to continue to support our students through this pandemic. As always, please reach out with questions or to let us know what we can do to better support.
We are always seeking feedback on how we are doing in order to better serve our students, families and communities. We are asking for your help in completing the Panorama Survey for us. You should have received an email with a link to the survey previously. A link is included here as well. Please complete the survey by 11/24.
- Access code: 8777312945
Students, please complete the panorama survey in the link below:
- Access code: your student ID
Attention all Juniors and Seniors! Are you interested in pursuing a future in the military or armed forces? If so, you will need to take the ASVAB test. LEAD is offering this test December 16th at 8:00 a.m. To sign up to take this test, please email Mrs. Offield by December 10th. December 16th is a Wednesday so you will need to arrange you own transportation. If transportation is an issue, please see either Ms. Shanks or Ms. Colvin and they will help you get to school to test.
Please email: OffieldA@parkhill.k12.mo.us
SENIORS . . . GRADUATION ORDERS
MAKE-UP PICTURE DAY
Reed Portrait Group will be at LEAD on December 14 and 15 (10:40 - 12:00) for picture retakes. (Note this is an update due to distance learning.)
Acceptable reasons for a retake:
- You purchased a picture packet but are not satisfied with the outcome.
- You missed the previous picture days at LEAD.
LEAD’s next club dates are December 15 and 17. Remember students can sign up for bus transportation for a ride home the day of their club meeting!
- Homework Helper Club: Students who need a quiet place to work can attend. (email email@example.com)
- Black Student Union Club: Students interested please email Ms. Rhea (firstname.lastname@example.org).
December 15 and 17
Jan 12 and 14
Feb 9 and 11
March 9 and 11
April 13 and 15
May11 and 13
LEAD A+ Tutoring available!
10th, 11th and 12th grade LEAD A+ students can now sign up to tutor their peers, either face to face or virtually, and get A+ hours for their time and effort! If your student would like to tutor, they need to fill out the A+ Tutors Application which can be found under the Resources tab in their Schoology LEAD A+ group.
If you feel that your child could benefit from meeting with a tutor, they can sign up for one in Summit. Please have your student follow these directions to access the request form:
- Open Summit and in the left blue field, select the 20-21 LEAD Homeroom course
- Scroll down to the LEAD Info and Useful Documents
- Select LEAD Community
- Scroll down to Resources and select the LEAD Tutoring request
Our goal is to have a tutor assigned to the request in one work week.
PH Online Support
Park Hill Online Support is a resource for parents/guardians and students as they navigate the online learning experience. Call center staff are trained in navigating online educational software such as Seesaw, Schoology, Edgenuity, and Infinite Campus. They can also help with online assessments and finding resources. Have a question or a problem and you’re not sure whom can answer it or who can help? Call Park Hill Online Support at 816-359-4404 or email us at email@example.com.
Here is a link to PH Parent University with additional resources and information.
To view current missing assignments for the term, instructions are in the photo below.
Parent Advisory Committee - Volunteering Opportunities
If you are interested in being involved in student or staff activities and support (coordinating or providing snacks/ treats) please complete the sign up survey here:
If you'd like to acknowledge your student's birthday, sporting events at the home high school - pictures in action or in uniform, future plans (college, trade school, etc.) send us a picture so that we can celebrate with you.
1/8 page - Maximum 2 pictures, 25 words - $15.00
1/4 page - Maximum 4 pictures, 50 words - $27.00
Please use this form to create your senior salute and upload photos:
- Photos taken from social media are likely too low of resolution to be usable.
- A reminder that copyrighted material is not allowed and will be rejected.
- Be sure to include the appropriate signature (i.e. "Love, Mom and Dad").
- Do NOT exceed the word limit or yearbook staff will edit/cut for you.
- Staff reserves the right to edit all content for grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Staff reserves the right to refuse content not suitable for student publications or for violating copyright laws.
- We will design and edit ads for consistency and clarity, so please do not send a completely designed ad. You are simply submitting image(s) and a personal message.
- Once your order has been approved, the fee will be entered in Infinite Campus where it can be paid.
- Senior Salute orders DUE November 25
If you have questions, please contact yearbook adviser Melanie Farber: firstname.lastname@example.org
JOSTENS - Class rings & Graduation information
- January 21 & 22 - Sophomore class ring premier (socially distanced class meeting). Order/information packets distributed
- January 25 & 26 (lunch periods) - Class ring orders
- February 2 & 4 - Additional ring orders
- March 12 (lunch periods) - Grad announcement delivery
- March 17 - Additional grad announcement delivery
- April 8 & 9 (lunch periods) - Class ring delivery
- April 15 (lunch periods) - Cap/gown delivery
- April 21 - Additional cap/gown delivery
SENIORS A+ DEADLINES!!
Here is a list of important "To-Do" items for Seniors who are planning on receiving an A+ scholarship. Depending on first or second semester graduation, these items should be done no later than December (fall graduate) or late April (spring graduate). For any of the items that need to be submitted, please submit them directly to your home high school's A+ coordinator and NOT Ms. Villalobos at LEAD. Ellen Reys at PHHS: email@example.com or Dr. Owens at PHS: firstname.lastname@example.org
ASAP: Parents will need to help with this step and use last year's tax return. Students need to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) forms due . All FAFSA information is available at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
December or April: A+ Attendance appeals & documentation due (if necessary)
December or April: ALL Mentoring and Tutoring hours (50) due
December or April: Final Senior Reflection due (will be sent to your school e-mail)
December or April: Complete Final Transcript Request through Naviance (transcript & A+ funds will be delayed if not completed)
11/23 - 11/27 SCHEDULE
Monday: In person day for last name A-K
Tuesday: In person day for last name L-Z
Wednesday: Beginning Thanksgiving Break