Talk Ann Reid
Weekly Updates 5/3-5/7
For other languages, click "Translate Newsletter" on the right side and "Select Language."
Ann Reid Families,
This is Teacher Appreciation Week! I want to pause and say “thank you” to the teachers in our preschool program who have taught our students in-person and online. I want to say “thank you” to our Home Visitors who have worked with families and students in our Early Connections program. Lastly, I want to thank our families who have had to take on an entirely different role as their children’s first teachers. I could not be more proud of what you have all accomplished in the face of great adversity during this year. Thank you.
This week we are slightly pushing back the time we are bringing students out to our buses and cars. We have smoothed out our transitions in the building, and we are hoping to add more time for instruction. Please expect your children to be dismissed 5-7 minutes later than normal.
If your child is picked-up or dropped-off by car, then we will need your help with the following:
- Utilize Seesaw or email to communicate with your child’s teacher instead of brief check-ins during the dismissal process.
- Utilize the time before staff come out to your cars to have your child practice putting on a mask at arrival time. This will have them ready to go once you pull into place.
- You may use the left exit lane to exit the parking lot once you have your child buckled into your car.
- Have your child’s car seat be on the curb side. This will allow you to safely get them in and out as other cars use the exit lane to leave the parking lot.
Upcoming Dates and Reminders:
- May 3-7: Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 7: School Improvement Day – No Preschool Classes
- May 9: Mother’s Day
- May 12: National School Nurse’s Day
- May 18: National Speech Pathologist’s Day
- June 9: Last day of school for students
- June 10: Staff Institute Day - Non-attendance day for students
School News and Resources
Quarantine Corner: An online option is no longer available to students who have chosen to attend in person. If your family needs to quarantine, then please contact our Health Office (630-848-5372) and plan to access your teacher’s Canvas site through the provided iPad. There will be 10 days of asynchronous activities should your family need them.
· To start the enrollment process, please visit our website at https://www.naperville203.org/enrollment
Newsletter from the Ann Reid Health Office
Bus contact information, procedures, and FAQs – BUS INFORMATION
List of IMPORTANT DATES for the school year.
Children will play outside any time the temperature feels above 0 degrees.
Curbside meal pickup is available through the end of the year for anyone in district 203. Naperville 203 curbside meal pickup
Virtual Screening Flyer - Naperville #203 educators will screen your child’s development and share results with you.
· If your child is going to be absent for any reason, please call the Attendance Line at 630-848-5372.
· Help your child succeed in preschool: Build the habit of good attendance. Early school success goes hand in hand with good attendance.
· You can make the most of preschool by supporting your child to log-on every day.
Ann Reid Home and School News
Upcoming Events and Important Dates
- Zoom with the City of Naperville May 4th at 6:30. Click here to join event & event flyer
- Mesón Sabika dine out: May 6th 5pm - close. Carry out only. 630-983-3000 Mesón Sabika flyer
- Teacher Appreciation Week May 3-7 Teacher Appreciation slides & flower petal
- RaiseRight gift card program flyer & RaiseRight instructions & RaiseRight video with instructions Spirit Wear sale: ongoing Mask Sale Flyer, Spirit Wear Flyer & Spirit Wear Website
- H&S volunteer Google Form English version & Spanish version
- Virtual H&S meeting: in May. All are welcome. Request Zoom link from firstname.lastname@example.org
May 1st was School Principal Day. We appreciate Mr. A.J for his passion, devotion, our children's safety & making a difference in their lives. Please take a moment to share how you are thankful.
Our final dine out for the school year will be a Give Back event with Mesón Sabika on May 6th from 5 to close. Carry out orders only. Orders can be placed in advance but must be picked up after 5 on the 6th. Don’t forget to mention “Ann Reid” when placing your order. Contact Lauren at email@example.com with questions. Mesón Sabika flyer Teacher Appreciation week is this week. Please take a look at the following for some optional ways to show your appreciation this year. Teacher Appreciation slides & flower petal.
If you are interested in learning about becoming the next Treasurer, Secretary or Chair one of the following committees: Gift Card Program, Bookfair, Hospitality, Spiritwear & Staff Appreciation please contact Jami Copeland at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you'd like to pre-order School supplies for the 2021-2022 school year, click here.
Parents, if you have an incoming student at Steeple Run and would like to be involved please click here to learn more.
Make end of year Teacher/Staff gifts easy with our Gift Card Fundraising Program! With the end of the school year quickly approaching, you may begin to think of that perfect little thank you gift for your child’s special teachers and staff. Our Gift Card Fundraising Program allows you to simply donate money to the Ann Reid teacher/staff member who can then select gift cards from their favorite places like Starbucks, Target and many more! Home and School orders the Gift Cards through the Great Lakes Scrip Center (“Scrip” is a fancy term for “Gift Card”) who then rebates back a portion of the purchase price to the H&S Fund. This program saves time for parents/guardians, raises money for H & S AND the teachers love it! Easy payment options, including Google Pay available.
Together We Can. Together We Will.
Andrew J. McCree
Our mission is to partner with families and the community to ensure all young children in D203 receive high quality play-based learning experiences to nurture independence, collaboration, critical thinking, and social skills.