Friday, October 19, 2018
From Mrs. Lewis...
What does your conversations with parents look like? Is the intent to build a team for the student? Consider how you start a conversation with a parent. Be sure to highlight the things the student does well, before giving a laundry list of what the student is struggling with. Our parents are our allies and can help tremendously with our work at school. Your approach with the parent will determine the relationship for the remainder of the year and beyond.
- TEACHERS: Please make sure you have high expectations for chromebooks for testing: fully charged and brought to school.
- Be sure that you have the correct lesson plan in your folder, so that when we scan we know what lesson plan to look at.
- Lesson plans should have your name and the dates that the lesson plan will be used.
- Weekly Common Assessments must be designed together in your subject grade level,
- As discussed previously, it is an expectation to read the Friday Review each week.
- Homecoming Parade - October 26th Coverage will be needed for staff participating
- Wear Orange Staff and Students - Bullying Prevention Wednesday, October 24th
- October 25th - Indian Ed Parent Meeting at CO 6pm
- If you need a pencil sharpener, see the front office.
- Don't forget to complete Open Enrollment!!! If you don't you may have to pay more money for your benefits. See email.
- Staff, we need help with donations of bags of candy for our FALL trunk or treat. Send in by Friday, Oct 26th if you can help! : )
- AIG teachers are reminded of the nine week PBL and usage of the maker space in the library.
- AR Teachers, be reminded that it is an expectation that students are using AR and taking tests.
- As you make plans to be away on November 5/6 for your instructional planning day, be sure to leave enough work for students, make arrangements with your team with behavior students and make clear your expectations about work completion and behavior in your absence.
- Spartan Time - We will discuss in PLCs this upcoming week when and what Spartan Time will look like for your grade level. Spartan Time will begin on Wednesday, November 11th. Be ready!
- Don't forget on October 31st, staff is invited to dress as their profession in another life. What will you be once you retire? A gift card will be awarded for the best costume.
- Spartan staff recognitions coming soon. Be sure to fill out a nomination form. Stay tuned.
Please let us know if you are not receiving the Walkthrough feedback.
Our Parent Night has been rescheduled for Thursday, November 1.
Paint & Dine -Join us for a night of fun! We will enjoy food and painting on November 8, 6:00-8:00. Please RSVP to Ms. Spencer's email.
OFFICE COPIER: The office copier should be used for emergencies only and please bring your own paper.
Please make sure you students have a hall pass if they leave your classroom. No student should be out of class without a pass.
CHOCOLATE CHALLENGE: Help us raise money for SHMS! For every box you sell you will have a choice of either a "jean" pass or "leave early" pass.
Bullying Prevention Month 2018
See attached details from Ms. Snell
- Bullying Prevention Poster Contest: See attached file above for details! All posters must be completed and hung outside classrooms by the end of homeroom on Friday morning, October 26th.
- Thank you to Ruth Ann Harris and Leigh Carter for helping out with game duty when they were not scheduled. I hope I did not miss anyone.
- A big shout out to Ruth Ann Harris, Audrey Kingston, Lynette Gibson and Janet Jacobs for pulling together the Oban Exchange visit. Thank you, as well, to our teachers who welcomed their visit to your classroom.
- Great job to Mrs. Sioco, Ms. Walker and Ms. McRae for not only having Learning Focused Components up, but teaching with them during their instruction. Go Spartans!
- Thank you to our Grade Level Chairs for your help with moving our school and keeping everyone on the same page...Leigh Carter, Jeffrey Quick, Theresa Houston, Tiffany Spencer! WE APPRECIATE YOU!
- Special thank you for recognizing us and making us feel extra special for Boss' Day. You are truly the gift! You make our jobs easier. We enjoyed the plant, cake, candy and especially the kind remarks on the card! ❤
- We welcome Ms. Brown, Ms. Myisha, and Ms. Johnson to our custodial team. Please give them a Spartan Welcome. The campus is looking much better thanks to all of the custodial team's efforts.
- You will be seeing Mrs. Peek's face, 6th grade EC teacher, a little more often. She is now full-time at Spring Hill beginning Mon., Oct 22.
- Please be in prayer for Mrs. Davis. Her mother passed last weekend. Arrangements are: Hillside Graveside Service on Sunday, Oct. 21 at 1pm and celebration of Life at Highlands at 1:30pm.
- Mrs. Gross' Grandfather passed early Friday morning. Please be in prayer for Mrs. Gross, Charlie, Campbell and the entire Gross family. (Charlie and Campbell do not know yet.)
Monday, October 22 - volleyball @ East Hoke
Tuesday, October 23 - track conference meet @ Reid Ross Classical 3:00
Wednesday, October 24 - ELA NC Check In
Wednesday, October 24 - Football @ home (Felhman, Snell, Sagastume, Spencer, Blue, Johnson, M. Quick, Dunham)
Thursday, October 25 - Math NC Check In
Thursday, October 25 - cross country @ West Hoke
Friday, October 26 - Science benchmark
Thursday, November 1 - Chocolate money due
Thursday, November 1 - Discipline reward "Trunk or Treat"
Friday, November 2 - End of 1st Nine Weeks Grading Period
Monday/ Tuesday, November 5/6 - Classroom/EC teacher planning daysMonday, November 5 - Staff Meeting
Wednesday, November 7 - Report cards sent home
Thursday, November 8 - Paint & Dine night (RSVP)