September 18, 2020
Congratulations to our Teacher of the Year Finalists!
Corley is celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month
Mask and Face Covering Guidelines
All face masks or face coverings should:
• Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin.
• Fit securely against both sides of the face.
How many masks should I provide for my child?
We recommend at least 2. One will be worn when the student arrives to school, but a back-up should be sent in a sealed plastic bag kept in the backpack. If one gets dirty during the school day, we'll switch out the masks and send the soiled one home to be laundered.
We thank you for sending our Patriots to school with masks and the other appropriate materials to ensure safety and academic success.
Curbside Pick-up of Meals Expands to Monday-Friday. Meals will be available for pick-up Monday – Friday from 11:00-12:30.
CAFETERIA: BREAKFAST AND LUNCH
Last week the USDA granted some additional waiver extensions. One of these extensions is the flexibility to implement the Seamless Summer Option (SSO), which allows us to offer meals at no charge through 12/31/20.
Based on the guidance received from GaDOE, we will be able to offer meals at no charge at ALL school sites.
What this means: Face to face instruction – meals are available at no charge to all students.
- Meals will be available for pick-up Monday – Friday from 11:00-12:30. (The school district has extended its curbside pick-up program for free meals to five days a week instead of four).
- Curbside Pick-up – meals are available to anyone 18 or under at no charge and the child does not need to be a GCPS student. (curbside service is still Monday through Thursday)
- You will need to wear a mask when on campus.
- Food Pick-up will be in the bus lane.
Please make sure you continue to apply for Free & Reduced meals so your child will have meal benefits when the waiver expires on December 31, 2020.
Try these encouraging statements with your kids:
-Instead of “good job”, say “you worked hard on that,” “you figured that out,” or “tell me about that”
-You’re improving in ______________ (be specific)
-That’s difficult, but I’m sure you can work it out.
- I bet you can fix your own voice and your own attitude.
-This is hard for you, but you are sticking with it.
When you arrive to the school please have your Photo ID out and ready to show at the door Buzz In System. We will bring your student to you.
· Students, staff and visitors must wear a face mask when in the building.
· School visits are limited to registration time; by appointment only.
· The Visitors Management System (VMS), or “Buzz-in” system, will be used. ALL parents and other school visitors will be required to state the purpose of the visit before gaining access to the school building.
· Visitors will not be permitted in the building this year. Guests will be permitted to enter the reception area to conduct business that cannot be conducted over the phone. We strongly encourage the use of phone and/or email to conduct school business. Should this not be possible, school business beyond the reception area must be conducted by appointment only.