SUII News - August 2021
Latest Call for Proposals
2021 Open Call
We hope this newsletter finds you well.
The SUII team have continued to work from home and the past year has seen some very exciting activities carried out by our programmes and incredible resilience from all.
We will soon be sharing more details of the past year's activities and the programmes that have recently started, but we first wanted to present our next call.
Over the past couple of years, three rounds of calls have allowed us to fund 11 programmes focusing on accelerating progress towards the UN’s Global Goals, in close collaboration with SDG Network Scotland and Zero Waste Scotland.
Following this, the next call will be an open call to allow applicants to address any issue.
While not wishing to constrain the call, the SUII Governing Board are particularly interested in supporting projects that help tackle pressing challenges and opportunities. These include:
- Contributing to a national mission of achieving a ‘just transition’ to net-zero
- Recovery from the impact of Covid in an environmentally and socially sustainable way
- Supporting the most vulnerable parts of the economy and society hardest hit by the pandemic, such as smaller firms and young people
- Adapting to the implications of Brexit
- Building resilience to future shocks
- Developing more effective collaboration
- Strengthening democratic engagement
Applications are invited from teams whose composition reflects the multi-discipline and multi-sector remit of the Institute. Applicants must include members from at least two SUII partner universities.
Project teams should include academics and policy makers and practitioners; ideally some non-academic partners should be involved in the development phase of a proposal to help ensure it is demand led. SUII projects also offer the opportunity to draw on international expertise.
The deadline for expressions of interest is Friday 22 October 2021, with full applications due by Friday 19 November 2021. Prospective applicants are welcome to get in touch with us for advice ahead of submitting an application.
SUII will be running 2 online briefing sessions for potential applicants on 7 and 9 September.
For all details about the call and the briefing sessions, visit: