Notification of Positive Case
Dear Families and Staff of Marysville School,
Someone at Marysville School has tested positive for COVID-19 and was onsite during their infectious period, 10/25 & 10/26.
We are sending this letter to all families and staff in the school community.
If you or your student has been exposed and need to stay at home (quarantine), a separate letter will be sent to you.
If you do NOT receive a separate letter, you or your student can continue coming to school.
The School District does the following things when we find out about a person testing positive for COVID-19:
● Double check the positive test result with the Multnomah County Health Department.
● Send a separate letter to all exposed students and staff and ask them to stay home for 10 days to
watch for symptoms.
● Keep the names of students and staff who have COVID-19 private. Please respect the privacy of
anyone who has COVID-19.
The best ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are to:
● Get vaccinated ● Wear a well-fitting mask
● Stay home when sick ● Stay away from people who are sick
● Maintain distance from people outside of your home
● Cover your coughs and sneezes, and wash your hands with soap and water often.
Call the school if you or your student is sick or if someone in your home tests positive for COVID-19. Make sure the school has your correct phone number.
If you have health questions, call your school nurse, your healthcare provider, your local health department , or
look at the CDC website .
Cathy Murray, Principal
Kathleen Ellwood, Area Senior Director and
Ann M Loeffler, MD Deputy Health Officer, Multnomah County Health Department firstname.lastname@example.org