Lenape Smoke Signals
Week of October 19 - 23
- October 27, 7:30 PM - CBSD School Board Meeting
- October 27 & 30 - Wear costumes to school
- October 30 - CB Mock Election
- November 3 - Election Day - Virtual Synchronous Learning Day (All students participate live from home)
- November 10 - End of 1st Marking Period
- November 10 - Early Dismissal
- November 11 - Veteran's Day activities in Social Studies/History classes
- November 11 - Teacher Luncheon
- November 19, 9:00 AM - Parent Council Meeting
- November 25-27 - No School for Students
- Hybrid Students - In Person Days: If a student should be physically present in the building and staying home, we do need this communication to come from the parents or guardians. Please email our attendance office at email@example.com. It is important for us to be able to account for all students for safety reasons. If a student is not in school (but even attending online) the initial absence code will be “absent” until we have a communication from parents. The attendance code will be changed to VP (Virtual Present) once we have the communication from the parent/guardian. We do ask for the communication in advance of the absence so teachers are aware. It also ensures that parents and guardians are aware that the student is at home and has permission.
- Online Students - Students all Virtual or Hybrid Students on Virtual Days: If a student does not attend class, the student will be marked absent unexcused until we receive communication from parents. If a student logs on but stops engaging in the class, their attendance code will be changed to VC (Virtual Cut).
Attention 9th graders who are interested or want to explore more about Middle Bucks Institute of Technology (MBIT): They will be holding a virtual OPEN HOUSE on November 19th at 6pm with a follow up Q&A from 6:30-7:30 pm. If you are interested in learning more about MBIT’s programs and the application process, please contact: Courtney Nolan at 267-893-2811 or firstname.lastname@example.org. See the flier below for more information.
There will also be an MBIT group held this year to assist our freshman class in the tour and application process which begins January 2021!
News From the Nurse
I hope you are staying healthy and well during these times! I just want to share a few reminders:
All new students are required to have an immunization record and a recent physical and dental exam. These forms can be found by clicking here. Please submit these forms to the nurses office as soon as possible.
For 7th grade parents:
7th graders are expected to have (2) vaccines: Tdap and Meningococcal
Typically, these vaccines are due within 10 days of the first day of school. Due to COVID-19, there was given a 60-day extension. These vaccines are now due by November 8th, with exclusion from school beginning November 9th, 2020.
Please contact the health office with an immunization record or a date as to when the vaccines will be administered. A formal letter was sent home on October 8, 2020 if your child was still missing these vaccines.
Also, 7th grade students are required by PA Department of Health to have a dental exam on file with the school. The dental form can be found on my website under “Health Links > Medical Forms” or by clicking here. Please have this submitted as soon as possible!
Thank you & stay healthy!
Spotlight on LMS Choir
Lenape Teachers' Luncheon - November 11
The Lenape parents are organizing a teachers' luncheon on November 11th. The teachers are working harder than ever this year with so many challenges. Let's show them how much we appreciate them!
Click on the Sign Up Genius link here to sign up to donate an item. Donations can be left on the cart in the vestibule (ahead of the event for non-perishable items) or dropped off on the day of the lunch. Please include an encouraging note - kids can help! Thank you!
Thank you to our sponsors: C&N Bank for generously covering the cost of the sandwiches and to Bagel Barrel for providing them!
Snow Sports Club
The deadline registration for the Snow Sports Club is Friday, October 30th. Click on Mr. P's teacher's website link to read all the information you need to complete the registration. To view the mandatory meeting that took place on Oct. 1st of the snow sports club click here.
Please e-mail Mr. P with any questions at email@example.com.