By: Brent & Daniel
Why do you care?
1. Developing a royal system of administration
2. Adding more intendants (bosses) who supervised tax collection
3. Recruited men for the army
4. Presided over local administration
5. Checked up on the nobility
6. Regulated local economic activities.
- He has also become a reacquiring character in pop culture!
Extra, Extra, Read all about it!
- The Cardinal was introduced to the world in 1589- He was ordained at the age of 21 years old (that is really young)
- He was appointed chaplain to the new queen Anne of Austria
- At the same time he was appointed secretary of the state for war and foreign affairs
- After and influential murder, his friend was exiled and he went with her
- He acted as a "go between" between Marie (his friend) and her son
- Through this he gained power and became Louis personal cardinal (babysitter)
- In 1642 he passed