Cottonwood Creek Cougar Chronicle
March 24, 2020
A Letter From Mrs. Johnson
Good Afternoon Cottonwood Creek Families,
I hope this message finds you well, and that your family and friends are able to bring comfort and strength during these times. I know in times like this, we want clarification and answers immediately. However, I want you to know our district leadership was intentional about making sure we gave our teachers and staff a spring break; so I hope aside from all of this, you were able to find the “silver lining” and enjoy the time with your families and friends.
As community members, parents, daughters, brothers, husbands, wives, caregivers, friends, and as professionals we must adapt at an unprecedented rate to our unpredictable world. As Dr. Siegfried said in his email, I am asking our teachers to shift what has been purposefully developed as a brick-and-mortar operation for the last 70 years into a remote learning environment in four days. I ask for your patience, grace and support as we enter this new phase of excellence in Cherry Creek together. As we enter into this new way of teaching and learning, we know it will be messy, we know it will be an opportunity for growth, we know it will be challenging and exciting….but most importantly, we know it will be an opportunity for grace. We need to give ourselves, each other, our families, our students, and our community GRACE during this time. I know everyone will do their best, and if anyone can do it, it’s the Cougar family.
During this time of Remote Learning, I will increase our Cottonwood Creek Cougar Chronicle to once a week. You can expect to receive the CCCC each Monday by 2:00pm. In the meantime, if you have questions/concerns please email me at email@example.com; you can also leave a voicemail for me at 720-554-3205. I will be checking those on a regular basis Monday-Friday.
Take care of yourselves and each other.
Remote Learning Information
- Teachers are working this week to prepare to shift to a remote learning model. They have been gathering resources, brushing up on remote learning lesson delivery, and thinking about what students need to be successful online.
- You can expect to receive information from your child’s teachers on Thursday, March 26th.
- Remote learning will begin Monday, March 30th and assignments will be shared by 2:00 pm.
District Resource Information
- As we begin, if your child does not have access to technology, please let us know right away. Click on this Technology Needs Survey so we can assess your technology needs. You can also call the school and leave a message at 720-554-3205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to access the survey.
- Mental Health supports can be found at https://www.cherrycreekschools.org/Page/12094.
- Breakfast, Lunch, and a Book will continue for all children 18 and under. Click the link for times and locations.
- Additional information can be found at Coronavirus FAQ’s