Week of November 28, 2022
Greetings Kingsford Family!
Welcome back! I hope the Thanksgiving holiday allowed time for each of you to connect with family members and friends to share fond memories as well make some new memories.
As we begin this week, we enter with only four weeks before the winter holiday. WE CAN DO IT!!! Teachers will refresh parents and students on behavior and academic expectations this week. If there are questions, please reach out to your child's teachers.
I have to reiterate how important it is for students to be present and ready to learn each day. We also expect all students to turn in all assignments. We are in the process of analyzing end-of-the-quarter data in order to identify our strengths and challenges. We have quite a number of students with low grades because they have missing assignments. PGCPS has a clear procedure that outlines the reasons students are allowed to make up work or turn in late assignments. Timeliness is a big factor. To assist with this, it is important that parents check SchoolMAX at least weekly to monitor student performance. Encourage students to turn in all assignments. We are counting on everyone to do their part to ensure the success of our students.
As always, Mrs. Price and I are here to support you. Let us know how we can help. Email is the best way to reach us- Principal Jones email@example.com Assistant Principal Price firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wishing all a fantastic week. Be safe, be well!
This Week at Kingsford ES...
Welcome to Kingsford Elementary School! This week is a five-day week!
- Ensure prekindergarten and kindergarten bus riders wear their safety vest to school every day.
- Submit lunch applications (https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application). If approval for free or reduced meals has not been granted your student needs lunch money. Lunch is $2.75 each day.
- Early dismissal ENDS at 1:15 am this week.
Monday, November 28th
- Grade Appeal Window for Parents. The procedure to appeal a grade can be found here- Grade Appeal Procedure-2020.pdf.
Tuesday, November 29th
OLSAT TESTING 2nd Grade only
Wednesday, November 30th
- OLSAT TESTING 2nd Grade only
Thursday, December 1st
Friday, December 2nd
It's Friday! Check your child's progress in SchoolMAX.
DIBELS Parent Meeting
Kingsford PTA News
Call to Action - Volunteer and Donation Opportunities!
Scholastic Book Fair (Dec. 12th - 16th) - https://signup.com/go/rDyZdum
2-3 Volunteers are needed each day to work the Book Fair and assist students in their selections. Volunteers will need to have completed PGCPS volunteer clearance.
Gift of Time & Donation for Student Fun! (Dec. 22nd) - https://signup.com/go/xtSJMSi
10-15 volunteers and donations are needed. Volunteers will assist admin and help our students participate in fun-filled activities in the gym, cafeteria and media center while the teachers will be given time to finish grading and tidying up their classrooms before winter break. Please donate so our students can have a great time! Volunteers will need to have completed PGCPS volunteer clearance.
Stock The Teachers' Lounge! (Every Month) - https://signup.com/go/uyFMRTE
As part of the PTA's commitment to teacher appreciation, we’d like to help stock the teachers’ lounge with snacks, drinks, and treats every month! Please sign up for whatever you’re able to contribute.
For detailed information on Volunteer and Donation opportunities visit:
Free Virtual Literacy Tutoring: BookNook
Free Math Tutoring
To learn more about the application process click on the link below:
- ENGLISH: PGCPS Volunteer Application and Approval Process
- SPANISH: PGCPS Volunteer Application and Approval Process
- FRENCH: PGCPS Volunteer Application and Approval Process
Visit www.pgcps.org/volunteer for more information on becoming a volunteer and to access the application.
DAILY HEALTH CHECK
All families are asked to monitor students daily to ensure they are well enough to attend school. Though COVID numbers have decreased we want to ensure we keep our community safe. Please keep your child at home if he/she is not feeling well and contact your child's teacher. Upon their return please send in a handwritten note (not through Class Dojo) or a doctor's excuse.
You should not send your child to school if he or she has any of the following symptoms:
Fever or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle or body aches
New loss of taste or smell
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
Need School Supplies?
Contact our professional school counselor Ms. Twewaa at email@example.com if you have a student in need of school supplies. We have received donations from our community partners who are ready to support our families.
SCHOOL & OFFICE HOURS
Administration and office staff can be reached via email Monday-Friday. Please allow 24-48 hours for a response. While Class Dojo is available, email is the best way to connect with the administration.
Principal - Mrs. Jones - firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Principal - Mrs. Price - email@example.com
Principal's Secretary - Mrs. Williams - firstname.lastname@example.org
Need assistance, we can help-
- ESOL- Ms. Bedessem - email@example.com
- Lunch Accounts & Balances - Ms. Lopez - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Math or Technology- Mr. Flores - email@example.com
- Reading/TAG - Mrs. Mullennix - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Testing - Ms. Redmond - email@example.com
- Special Education - Ms. Marshall - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social/Emotional/Behavioral Concerns - Ms. Twewaa - email@example.com
- Registration/Withdrawal - Ms. Williams - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Transportation - Ms. Day - email@example.com
- COVID related questions - Nurse Neal - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alphabest Before & AfterCare - Mr. Hunter -
- December 6 - Kingsford's PTA General Body Meeting (virtual)
December 12 - School Picture Day
December 12-16 - Scholastic Book Fair
December 17 - Progress Reports Released to Families (Online only)
December 19-22 - Winter Spirit Week
December 23, 26-30 - Winter Break & Christmas – Schools and Offices Closed
January 2 - New Year’s Day – Schools and Offices Closed
January 16 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day – Schools and Offices Closed
January 24 - End of Second Quarter (45 days)
January 25 - Professional Day for Teachers – 1/2 Day for Students with Asynchronous Learning
LINKS TO PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS
- Knights News Week of November 14, 2022
- Knights News Week of October 31, 2022
- Knights News Week of October 24, 2022
- Knights News Week of October 10, 2022
- Knights News Week of September 26, 2022
- Knights News Week of September 12, 2022
- Knights News Week of September 5, 2022
- Knights News - Week of August 29, 2022
- Knights New - Week of August 17, 2022
- Knights News - Week of August 5, 2022