What's Happening ?? !!
~ Hawley Newsletter ~ September 15, 2017 ~
From the Desk of Mr. Moretti
Dear Hawley Parents/Guardians,
Here's What's Happening at Hawley.......
- Wednesday was Picture Day. WOW- did we look sharp: dresses, suits, ties, bows, ribbons, and of course, smiles (for some, well, the hair- we'll see.....it was a hot day ;0)
- PTA Ice Cream Social: Was rescheduled due to weather: it will be THIS Monday, 6:00-7:00 pm. This is one of my favorite events of the year. Come meet and socialize with other Hawley Families while staff scoops delicious ice cream and kids play. It's what a School Community is all about. I look forward to seeing everyone (and cheating on my diet ;0)
- NO SCHOOL Thursday: Rosh Hashanah
Help with Bathrooms
We have had a few bathroom issues this year and I would like to nip inappropriate behavior in the bud early. I asked teachers to review the following in each of their classrooms and I ask that you please take 5 minutes to review at home as well.
- paper towels & toilet paper are being thrown on the floor
- students are going the bathroom on the floor (# 1 & 2) in a manner that does not appear to be an accident
- students are running and splashing the water on each other and on the floor
- they are holding down the handles so water overflows
- students are looking under/over stalls
Your support is greatly appreciated as we work together to send a consistent message of safety, expectations and being respectful (of people and environment).
- When sending in notes to school, please include your child's complete name on them as well as teacher's name. It helps us with multiple names in a classroom (3 Olivias) as well distribution to other staff (like the nurse, pick-up line)
- Unfortunately, Parking at Hawley is a struggle. We have 68 staff and 60 parking spaces. We block out 3 spaces for Visitors (a visit of less than 1 hour). Some staff arrive after school has started and can't find spaces. I am embarrassed but ask that if you are attending a function or are going to be at Hawley for more than an hour or are chaperoning a field trip that you park over at Caraluzzis. Thank you very much.
- The NEF is hosting a wonderful town-wide event, the Color Run, on 9/24. This is a fun event that raises money for teacher/school grants. Click here for more information.
- The Hawley PTA does such wonderful work on behalf of our staff and students. Your time, efforts and support only add to their efforts. Please find a way to contribute your talents and click here for a membership form to Join the PTA if you have not done so already.