February 1, 2016
February 4th - Early Release Day
February 5th - Go Red (wear red to school)
February 15th - No school for students (professional development day)
February 23 - PTO Meeting
A special request...
- Valentine's Day is right around the corner. We will celebrate Valentine's Day on Friday, February 12th. Please have your child bring in a decorated box or bag for Valentine's Day. Please also make sure they have their name written clearly on the front so that other students can read it easily when delivering valentines. There will not be a party, but we will have a snack and spend time opening valentine cards. Please also remember that due to the District Five Snack Policy, we cannot give out candy to students, so please do not include any type of candy in the valentine cards. Click here for a student list of names in our class.
- In spelling this week, we discussed two syllable words ending with a consonant + le, as in little, paddle and juggle.
- This week we will continue to discuss cental idea and supporting details.
- In writing, we are writing snow poetry, using figurative language (adjectives, similes, metaphors and personification).
- The idiom of the week is "let the cat out of the bag." Ask your child if he can explain what this means.
There will be a Chapter 9 math test this Wednesday. A review sheet will come home for homework on Tuesday. Our next unit will be on time.
There will be a fact test on Thursday this week. Please continue to help your child study for these tests.
We are beginning a social studies unit on heritage this week. This week we will begin discussing and looking at the different regions of the United States that have been created by the physical features of the land and the people from our past who settled and lived off this land.