News from the Nest
Next Tuesday students will begin PARCC testing. Testing will take place on Tuesday-Friday. We will begin testing at 8:30 and it will last about an hour each day. Please be sure that your child gets plenty of sleep and eats a good breakfast in order for them to remain focused during testing.
- Math Unit 3 post-assessment
- Math Unit 4 informational letter and your child's results on the pre-assessment
- Reading post-assessment
- Information regarding the Goodrich Read-a-Thon
- Information regarding our upcoming field trip to the Museum of Science and Industry
This week in reading students received their 4th quarter AR goal. They spent time choosing books and setting goals that will help them be successful with their independent reading.
Next week we will begin exploring our forces and motion unit in reading. This will tie in nicely with many Genius Hour projects that students are working on.
Students are using voice typing to publish their informational writing piece. As they read their writing into the microphone, it appears on the screen. They can then go in and edit their work.
| || |
- Reading log and responses due Monday.
- 3rd Quarter report cards will come home next Friday.