Let's Talk Technology
- New Web 2.0 Tools to use and how to use them
- Dates for upcoming Technology Workshops
- Informational Links
- Fun and useful tips and much, much more!
January's Technology PD Topics
*Dates may change pending data from surveys!!!
Revamping Technology Tuesday
- "Workshops should be longer than 20 minutes."
- "Workshops should be more hands-on where we are actually allowed time to really use the tools."
- "I would love to be able to create something while here, because once I leave, I hardly have time to use the tool."
In order to do this, I am collecting more data on what works best for you. If you have not done so already, please take a little bit of your time and complete the Technology Professional Development Survey below.
Workshop topics from last semester are below. Some of them I will be doing again due to requests:
- Google Forms
- Blending Your Classroom with Blackboard Collaborate
- Creating with Smore
- Creating Fillable Forms with Adobe
- Collaborating with Google Drives
- Flipping Your Classroom with D2L
- Creating Quizzes in D2L
- Adding Interactive Rubrics in D2L
Web Tool of the Month: Kaltura (My Media)
- Creating an introduction or welcome message and/or video and including it on your front page
- Recording an entire lecture or lesson to share with your class
- Recording Just-in-Time audio/video messages for assignments and/or feedback
- Recording how-to videos and/or explanations of difficult topics
And much more!
Media created using My Media can be inserted/submitted to any area of D2L such as News, Content, Feedback, Dropbox, Quizzes/Surveys, Discussions, and ePortfolios.
Join me in January to learn more about what this technology integration tool can do for you and your classes!
Head over and let me know what you think and/or what should be added!