Dulce Lopez Period:7/8
Veterinarians take care of animals. They diagnose, treat and research any problems related to the pets health. There are different types of veterinarian: farms, work outdoors, or laboratories.
The job is suppose to grow 36% from 2010 to 2020. The best option would be governmetn or in farm animal care.
Median annual wage was $82,040 on May 2010.
- Diagnose animals health
- Treat and dress wounds
- Perform surgery
- Treat and vaccinate against diseases
- Operate medical equipment like x-rays machines
- Advice animal owners about care and any medical/treatment conditions
- Prescribe medication
- Execute animals
How to become a Veterinarian
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree and a state license (only 28 colleges has an accredited program)
- Takes around 4 years to complete and it consist of classroom, laboratory, and clinical components.
- Require to take many science classes
- Be aware there are many competition
- Have Veterinarian license
- Compassion= have to treat the animals with deliquecy and be kind with owners of sick pets.
- Decision- making skills= Know how to cure and know whether to treat an animal or execute him/her.
- Interpersonal skills= Know how to properly communicate with others.
- Management skills= Be responsible, give directions, delagating work and overseeing operations.
- Manual dexterity= Know how to control their hand movement and be carefull when dealing with surgeries and injuries.
- Problem- solving skills= Have to be able to figure out whats wrong with the sick animal. Know what treatment to give