The Dolphin Echo
Families: Monday, Nov. 30, 2020
Fill out the survey below--it is underlined in blue! Join us on December 1st at 6-7 to learn more about returning to school and provide us with input.
It is our hope we will be able to offer in-person classes when County health conditions allow. As we prepare for the safe return to school, SRCS has developed, with input, two possible schedules for the return of elementary students.
Linked here is a survey that shares the proposed schedules and asks some questions that will help us better understand the needs of our families. Please click on the survey and complete it.
In addition, we will be hosting an Elementary Return to School parent webinar on Tuesday, December 1st from 6-7 pm. Spanish translation will be provided at this meeting.
Please join us to learn more about the proposed schedules, to provide input and to ask questions.
When: Tuesday, December 1st: 6-7pm
Webinar Link: https://zoom.us/j/92605316775
- All students who attend school on Wednesday will automatically be put into a school raffle. Winners at each grade level will be announced on Fridays and students can come to pick out a toy of their choosing.
- All students with perfect attendance for a month will be put in a BIG raffle. Three winners will be chosen to come to get a bigger prize. For December, each family who wins will receive a free gift basket as well as a toy for the kiddo. We will continue to do a big monthly prize each month going forward!
Picture Day: December 16th
Helen Lehman families,
- We will be having Picture Day on Wednesday, December 16, 2020
- This is not mandatory
- We will be sending more information prior to picture day. Please make sure to go over the information once you receive it. Please see the schedule below. Pictures will be taken by last name NOT by class.
- We ask that you please preorder you pictures online at mylifetouch.com enter the picture day ID EVTPGHW67. If you are not able to place an online order or have questions please call the office at 707-890-3935.
HLES Picture Day
Wednesday, December 16th 8:00 - 3:00 pm
8:00 am-10:00 am: last names beginning with A-I
10:00 am-12:00 pm: last names beginning with J-R
12:00 pm-2:00 pm: last names beginning with S-Z
2:00 pm-3:00 pm: anyone who missed their above time slot
Location: Helen Lehman Multi-purpose room (MPR)
JOIN US IN CELEBRATING WALK & ROLL FOR WHEELS MONTH THIS DECEMBER!
We may not be walking or rolling to school right now, but physical activity is even more essential to health during these challenging times! This December, we challenge you to get outside, explore your neighborhoods, and complete one or more of our Walk & Roll for Wheels Scavenger Hunts for a chance to win a skateboard, scooter, or roller skates!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN WALK & ROLL FOR WHEELS MONTH:
1. JOIN US ON WALK & ROLL TO ANYWHERE DAY!
- On ANY ONE DAY during the FIRST WEEK OF DECEMBER, choose a destination to walk, bike, scooter or skateboard to. It can be ANY destination, whether it is to your school campus, a local park, a store, a friend's house, or just a walk around the neighborhood and back to your home!
- Fill out our WALK & ROLL TO ANYWHERE SURVEY to share when, where, and how far you walked or rolled with us.
- Your survey results will be shared with your school to discover how many kids walked & rolled, how far kids from your school traveled, and which teacher had the highest percentage of student's who walked & rolled that week! The elementary AND middle school teacher with the highest percentage of participating students will win a $50.00 gift card to their local business of choice!
2. COMPLETE AND SUBMIT AT LEAST ONE OF OUR DECEMBER SCAVENGER HUNT ACTIVITIES FOR ONE OR MORE CHANCES TO WIN A SCOOTER, SKATEBOARD, Or ROLLER SKATES!
DECEMBER SCAVENGER HUNT INSTRUCTIONS:
- Download the FILLABLE Scavenger Hunt Packets: Elementary School/K-6th Packet (English PDF) (Spanish PDF) Middle School/5th-8th Packet (English PDF) (Spanish PDF)
- Do one OR more Scavenger Hunts in your packet - each submitted hunt is an entry into our drawing
- You do not have to find every single thing on the Scavenger Hunt - find as much as you can and submit when you have found all you can.
- Submit to Safe Routes to School (may be submitted via email or the mail) and received no later than Friday 1/8/21.
ALL December Challenge submissions will be entered into a drawing for a scooter, skateboard, or roller skates (winner gets to choose)
Winner will be announced in January, and prize will be delivered directly to winners.
Questions? Email Safe Routes to School
Password Hotline: 707-890-3777 If a District Chromebook is not working submit a help ticket through this link or call 707-890-3848
When you are on campus
As we welcome families/students to campus for our various material distribution, we'd like to remind you of a few health and safety protocols.
1. Please stay home if you or your student:
- exhibit COVID-19 symptoms (i.e. fever of 100.4°F or higher, cough, shortness of breath, new loss of taste or smell, etc.)
- tested positive for COVID-19, and are within the 10-day isolation period
- have had close contact (longer than 15 minutes) with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days
- live or cohabitate with a person who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19
- traveled outside of the state (specifically to high-risk areas) within the past 14 days
2. While on campus, please respect social distancing of 6 feet and wear a mask at all times. We recommend sanitizing your hands prior to and after the event.
SCHOOL MEAL INFORMATION FOR 2020-21
- 7 breakfasts/7 lunches
- For anyone ages 0-18
- Pickup once a week
- Pickup meals at any location
- Groceries from Redwood Empire Food Bank will be available at some locations. Check getfood.refb.org for information
Elsie Allen High (599 Bellevue Ave): 6:45am-9am; 11am-1pm, 3pm-6pm
Piner High (1700 Fulton Rd): 6:45am-9am; 11am-1pm
Monroe Elementary (2567 Marlow Rd): 6:45am-9am; 11am-1pm, 3pm-6pm
Lincoln Elementary (850 W 9th St): 6:45am-9am; 11am-1pm, 3pm-6pm
Lewis Ed Center (2230 Lomitas Ave): 6:45am-9am; 11am-1pm
Brook Hill Elementary (1850 Vallejo St): 6:45am-9am; 11am-1pm, 3pm-6pm
Cook Middle (2480 Sebastopol Rd): 6:45am-9am; 11am-1pm
Biella Elementary (2140 Jennings Ave.): 6:45am-9am; 11am-1pm, 3pm-6pm