The Brooklyn Buzz
August 30, 2019
NO SCHOOL ~ Monday, September 2, 2019
IN THIS EDITION:
- Welcome Back
- Brooklyn Buzz
- 7th Graders - Immunizations
- Emergency Medical Forms/Contact Information
- Picture Day
- Spirit Wear
- Expectations at Football games
- Drop off/Pick up times
- Drop off/ Pick up procedures
- Music Boosters
- Important Dates
- Contacting Brooklyn School
I love the beginning of school, the halls are filled with enthusiasm, desire to learn, and looking forward to seeing our friends. We made a few changes this year to lunch and recess and the feedback from the kids has been positive.
On Friday, we welcomed our "Class of 2032". Our kindergarteners walked through the doors with pure excitement and ready to show the world they are ready for school. I checked in on them throughout the day and they were busy.
Also on Friday, Ms. Smith, met with all grade levels to review our expectations for the school year and explained how those expectations relate to our PBIS matrix - RISE. She gave examples and students explained how RISE looked in school in all areas. She also shared the the importance of being kind and gave examples and showed video't to demonstrate kindness.
RISE is our PBIS matrix.
R stands for Responsibility
I stands for Integrity
S stands for Safety
E stands for Empathy.
Throughout the year, we will stay focused on this information.
Big Block Jenga
We added Big Jenga this year to recess, they kids work together and laughed the whole time.
At the end of the year last year, we added 4 square. It was such a big hit, we added another one this year.
In our 3rd grade classrooms, students were getting back into the math mindset by playing addition war.
Big Block Jenga
Class of 2032 lined up and ready!
Our Kindergartners have a book in their hands starting Day 1!
Day 1 they mixed play dough to make color changes and smiley faces.
What is Brooklyn Buzz?
7th Grade Immunizations
If your child is in 7th grade, please make sure all immunization requirements have been met and the form has been filled out and turned in.
Here is the information regarding the requirements and the form that needs to be filled out and returned to the school. Please contact Brooklyn School with any questions.
ONLINE Emergency Medical Authorization/ Contact Forms
Emergency Medical Authorization Forms:
We are using an online Emergency Medical/Contact forms. Please go to the Brooklyn Schools Home page. There is a big gold link in the middle of the homepage - Click Here to Update Medical Forms. This needs to be filled out for all students, as it includes information for student contact information and more. These forms have to be filled out on a computer or tablet. You will not be able to fill this form out on your phone.
Current Brooklyn Families:
Go to the parent portal site: https://brooklyn.esvportal.com/
Create an account if you do not have one. How to create an account
Once you create an account, link your students to your account. (Note: Students can only be linked to one parent account. Please create only one account per household)
Once linked, you will be able to update your student(s) EMA and Demographic information and submit it to the district.
This year, they have already done so much. Here are just a few things...
- Treats for Kindergarten Orientation
- Snacks and welcomed Kindergarten families on their first day.
- Support field trips and classroom needs
The first PTA will be Thursday, September 5th at 6:30. The meetings are in the High School in room173. Meetings are typically the first Thursday of the month.
If you haven't joined PTA yet the membership form is attached.
First homeroom with 100% participation in PTA will receive a reward in October.
Picture Day is this Friday
- Picture Day K- 7th grade
Flyers will be sent home Tuesday, but are also attached below.
ORDER ONLINE HERE or go to
http://www.ripchostudio.com/ and input the online password: 2902brook
Picture Day Flyer Click to open up the flyer.
September 9th - Retakes
- Picture Day Preschool
- Retakes K-7
Spirit Wear on Sale
Orders are due by September 11th.
Checks payable to EmbroidMe.
Football Season is in the air - please read to see our expectations of students at the games.
- Students will sit in the student section unless they are sitting with a guardian.
- Students will not run behind the stadium.
- There is no playing football or other sports in the grassy areas.
- No backpacks are allowed at the games.
- No profanity allowed at the games.
- Don't walk on the track.
- Brooklyn students are not allowed on the visitor's side.
- If you leave the game you can't come back in.
- Make sure that your ride picks you up on time.
School Hours - Arrival Times and Departure Times (Kindergarten - 12th)
The doors will open for students beginning at 7:30 each school day. Please plan accordingly when dropping off your child in the morning. School starts at 8 am. Breakfast will be available from 7:30 am to 8:00am. Please see the drop off procedures below.
Students will be released from class to depart at 3:11 pm. Please see pick up procedures below.
School is in session from 8:00 am to 3:11 pm.
Drop Off/Pick Up procedures
3 Lots - Blue, Gold & White
Grades K - 3 ~ BLUE LOT drop off and pick up
Grades 4-7 ~ GOLD LOT drop off an pick up
Grades 8-12 ~ WHITE LOT drop off and pick up (students from the high school will not be permitted to cut through our school to pick up siblings, they can meet them at the exit for the white lot.
To assist in the flow of traffic, we are asking that students be dropped off and picked up based on the oldest child.
For example ~
- If your oldest child is in grades 8-12, use the WHITE LOT in the back of the HS to drop off and pick up all children in your family.
- If your oldest child is in grades 4-7, use the GOLD LOT at the main entrance of the PK-7 building to drop off and pick up all children in your family.
- If your oldest child is in grades K-3, use the BLUE LOT off of Behrwald Avenue to drop off and pick up all children in your family.
September 3rd ~
- No School ~ Labor Day
September 6th ~
- Picture Day K-7
September 9th ~
- Picture Day Preschool (Candids /Retakes K-7)
Contacting Brooklyn School Personnel
Attendance Line ~ (216) 485-8171
- When reporting your child off, please include: first and last name of the child, grade, reason for absence, who is reporting the child off and a number you can be reached.
Mrs. Cristin Cicco ~ Principal
Ms. Lara Smith ~ Assistant Principal
Mrs. Annie Bir ~ Guidance Counselor (Grades 4-7)
Mrs. Denise Smith ~ Guidance Counselor (Grades PK-3)
(216) 485 - 8173
Mrs. Laura Paul ~ Brooklyn School Secretary