Update from Vista Oaks
A great place for your child to grow...
Update for September 12, 2014
Grades TK - 2 (and Higher): Reading Eggs - A Wonderful Resource
Our Reading Eggs subscription has finally been updated and we are now able to add parents and students to our account. Thank you for your patience with this!
If you have already signed up for Reading Eggs, you should have received an email with your teacher log-in information, as well as an email that explains how to access your child's log-in information. If you have any questions, please contact Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not signed up for Reading Eggs, please read the information below and consider adding this resource to your homeschool program:
Reading Eggs is a supplemental learn-to-read online program for TK - 6th grade students. The program starts with emergent reading skills (most common sounds first) and progresses through 6th grade reading and writing skills. There are actually two programs available to you within Reading Eggs: Reading Eggs (for TK - 2nd) and Reading Eggspress (for 3rd - 6th).
Reading Eggs is interactive and fun! Students enjoy animation, games, and songs while progressing at their own pace and earning rewards for skill-building. We've heard a lot of great feedback from families who have used the program in the past and/or had a trial subscription.
When you sign up for Reading Eggs, we will set you up as a teacher in the system. This allows you not only to view your child's progress, but also access all of the teacher resources. Each lesson has corresponding lesson plans, extension activities, and printable worksheets. There are a lot of great resources in this program, including an e-book library filled with thousands of books and scaffolded writing resources for upper grade students.
This pdf provides more information about the Reading Eggs program: http://assets.readingeggsassets.com/brochures/teachers_brochure_us-fp-79c86530.pdf
TO SIGN UP: In order to sign up for this resource, please go to the Vista Oaks website (http://www.vistaoaks.net/) and find "Reading Eggs" under the "Parent Resources" drop-down menu. After you sign up there, I will add you and your child to our account and you will receive an email with your log-in information.
TO ACCESS YOUR CHILD'S LOG-IN INFORMATION: Once you are logged in as a teacher, you will need to click on the link for "Manage Class" which you will see on the left-hand side of your homepage. After clicking on that link, you will see an area on your page called "Print." Your child's log-in information is accessible in the Parent Letters. You can also print out certificates there.
Hopefully this is enough information to get you up and started in the program, but not too much to overwhelm you! Please refer to the pdf for details about the program components. And if you have any other questions, please contact Laura at email@example.com.
Grades 4 - 6: Field Trip to Chabot Space & Science Center
Grades 6 - 8: Planning for Upcoming Activities
- Interested in helping? We need parent volunteers to help make this a success. Please email Lillian Quinata if you would like to help get this started and/or help during the activities.
- What is the time commitment? The time commitment could vary based on interest, need, and availability. Volunteers could rotate through activities and events, committing to just one or all.
- How do I get more information? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
High School: New Enrichment Opportunities
Beginning Wednesday, September 17, we will be offering the following:
- High School Photography: Wednesday mornings from 9:00 - 10:20
- Mock Trial (7th - 12th grade): Wednesday afternoons from 1:30 - 2:50
- Prom Planning Committee: Alternating Wednesday afternoons from 3:00 - 4:00
- Leadership Team: Alternating Wednesday afternoons from 3:00 - 4:00
Please see the information below to learn more. If you have questions, please contact Charmaine Abasolo at email@example.com.
Note: Students have until Monday at 5:00 to sign-up for the photography class. Contact Charmaine to sign-up today!
High School: Final Reminder - PSAT is Coming!
- This year the PSAT is administered on Wednesday October 15 and Saturday October 18!
- All high school students- excluding 9th graders- interested in taking the PSAT please contact the academic counselor: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Group Picture and Make-up Picture Day- Weds., September 17
- Another Group Photo will be taken on Wednesday, September 17 at 12:00. We would love for you to join us!
- Miss Picture Day? We have a day for make-ups set for Wednesday, September 17 from 11:00 - 1:00 at the Byron site. If you are interested, please email Tamara Doyle to reserve a time slot. You can contact her at Tamara.email@example.com.
- What can we use the ID cards for? Student ID cards can be used for discounts to museums, food, movies, and more. Parent ID cards can be used to get teacher discounts when purchasing curriculum, materials, and resources to places that provide discounts to educators.
Lost and Found Box
Stop by the Resource Room (Room 13) and take a peek inside the Lost and Found Box. Your missing item just might be there!