ALL STAR LABRADORS
During the week of April 8th – 12th, 4th and 5th grade students will be testing in writing, math and reading. These tests assess students’ grade level progress. To ensure a successful testing day, please remember the following:
- It is important that your child be present on testing day. Please refrain from scheduling doctor or dentist appointments on this day.
- Students need to be in the building by 8:05 a.m.
- Please send your child to school with a jacket or sweater.
- There will be no morning tutorials for any grade level during the week.
- There will be no afternoon tutorials for any grade level during the week.
- There will be no art club, volleyball, basketball, choir or orchestra during the week.
- There will be no visitor lunch for any grade levels all week.
- There will be no lunch drop offs for any grade levels all week. Please send lunch with your child or allow them to purchase lunch in the cafeteria.
- All cell phones need to be turned off and left inside the student’s backpack per district policy.
There will be an altered lunch schedule on
Monday, May 14 and Tuesday, May 15
12:15-12:45 -5th Grade (non-testers)
12:45-1:15 - 3rd Grade
1:15-1:45 - 4th Grade
Wednesday, May 16
12:15-12:45 - 4th Grade
12:45-1:15 - 5th Grade
You can prepare your child for testing by helping them get a good night’s rest, eat a healthy breakfast, and sending them to school with encouragement and a positive attitude!
Electronic Device Policy
Dear Parents or Guardians,
In order to maintain an optimum testing environment for students, the Texas Education Agency (TEA) has determined that students are not permitted to have cell phones or personal electronic devices that allow internet access or have photographic capabilities during testing as the devices can disrupt the testing environment and be used to compromise the security and confidentiality of the test.
Electronic devices must be turned off and not be visible; therefore, students are not allowed to place or receive a cell phone call or text message during a test administration.
The district policy regarding cell phone use during the school day can be found on pages CC ‐ 46 & 47 of the Cypress‐Fairbanks ISD Student Code of Conduct handbook.
During the instructional school day, students are prohibited from using all telecommunication devices…. Such devices must not be visible and must remain turned off… Placing the cell phone into silent/vibrate mode and text messaging is not considered “turned off” and is prohibited.
If a student violates this CFISD policy, then his/her device will be confiscated and will be returned after an administrative fee is collected. District personnel will not assume responsibility for damaged, lost or stolen items.
Violation of this policy during any state assessment is considered cheating and will require the appropriate disciplinary action as described in the CFISD Student Code of Conduct handbook.
Violation of this policy during any state assessment such as, but not limited to, EOC, STAAR, TAKS, locally designed assessment, etc. prohibits an optimum testing environment and, therefore, may result in an invalid assessment.
Use of a cell phone or any other unapproved electronic device during the administration of these tests will be regarded as cheating, and the student’s test will be invalidated (test will not be scored) with appropriate disciplinary action to follow.
Additionally, secondary students will be asked to sign an honor statement before taking any version of the EOC, TAKS or TELPAS tests. The statement, shown below, will be printed on each student’s answer sheet, and students will be asked to sign it before testing begins.
Please discuss the importance of adhering to this policy with your child. If you have any questions or concerns, your campus counselor is available to assist you.
Student Transfers 2019-2020
Student transfer request forms for the 2019-2020 school year are now available. The forms will be available online and can be submitted to StudentTransfers@cfisd.net or delivered to Student Services at 10494 Jones Road, Houston, Texas 77065.
A student who is currently enrolled and attending the District may apply for an Open Transfer Request for the 2019-2020 school year.
Documentation of current residence is required in order to process this transfer request. Please attach verification in the form of a current utility bill (gas, water, or light) or a lease agreement. Transfer requests will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Should you have any questions regarding student transfers, please contact the Office of Student Services/Admissions at (281) 517-6342.
For for information, https://www.cfisd.net/en/parents-students/registration/transfer-schools/.
Lee Labrador Yearbook - All Star Labradors!
You may purchase your 2018-2019 Lee Labrador Yearbook for
Soft Cover $20
Hard Cover $25
Yearbooks can be purchased through School Cash Online.
Limited quantities available.
Skate Night Thanks!
Thanks to all who came to Skate Night at Bear Creek Roller Rink in February. A great time was had by all. This was the best Spirit Night yet, with a profit of $614!
Kindergarten and PreKindergarten Registration for 2019-2020
Preregistration for 2019-2020 kindergarten classes will be held in all elementary schools on April 17, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Visit your campus website or contact your school for further information and specific times. If you plan to register your child after April 17th, please make an appointment with the campus registrar. For the 2019-2020 school year, children entering kindergarten for the first time must be five years old on or before September 1, 2019. Due to Texas state law on age requirements, no exceptions will be made.
Students currently enrolled in the district’s prekindergarten program are automatically registered for kindergarten. The student’s permanent folder, which contains the student’s birth certificate and immunization records, will be sent to the student’s home school for the kindergarten year. Therefore, there is no need for parents of current prekindergartners to attend the kindergarten preregistration.
The following documents are required when registering students for school in CFISD:
- a certified copy of the child’s birth certificate from the Bureau of Vital Statistics1 (see details below).
- a current immunization record2
- a government-issued, photo ID for the child’s parent or legal guardian.
- proof of residency3 (see details below).
- a social security card for each child, if available.
Proof of Residency: At the time of registration, parents will be asked to provide proof of residence dated within the last 30 days. Documents that are provided should reflect the parent/guardian's name and street address. If you are a homeowner, please be prepared to submit a current electric, gas, or water bill for proof of residency. If you are a lessee, please be prepared to submit your current lease agreement, along with a current light, gas, or water bill as proof of residency.
For additional information, please contact your child’s campus or check the district website https://www.cfisd.net/en/parents-students/registration/admissions-attendance-and-transfers/kindergar/
WatchD.O.G.S. Signup Information
If you were not able to make it to our WatchD.O.G.S. Kick Off Event and would still like to volunteer to be a WatchD.O.G.S., please fill out the Google Form
School Messenger: Email and Text Notification System
In order to have better communication with parents, information will now be sent via text and/or email through School Messenger.
What is SchoolMessenger?
SchoolMessenger allows you to personalize communications from your school or district into one centralized feed.
1. Click the LOG IN Button on the top of the page on your internet browser (https://accounts.relianceco.com/#/createuser),
or Download the SchoolMessenger App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Market.
2. Enter your email address and create a password. An email will be sent to that address with a secure token.
3. After authenticating via your email, return to SchoolMessenger and sign in using your email and password.
What's in SchoolMessenger?
Once you've created your account, we'll automatically link the records associated with your email address. You can then:
- View the records associated with your account - student, staff, parent records.
- Review the last 30 days worth of messages for all your associated records.
- View your contact information and configure how you would like to receive notifications.
Is SchoolMessenger secure?
The sign-up process creates a secure link between the user and SchoolMessenger. SchoolMessenger operates with the latest encryption technology to protect access to stored information. SchoolMessenger is also a signatory of the Student Privacy Pledge, which requires us to adhere to 12 stringent data protection standards as a further assurance of our commitment to protecting your data.
What else do I need to know?
Device (Push) Notifications will trigger a badge or alert when you receive new communications from your school or district. You can choose to receive Device Notifications in addition to, or instead of, the phone calls, emails, and text messages you normally receive.
Kroger Community Rewards Program
To enroll in the program to help support Lee Elementary:
All supporters must have a registered Kroger Plus card account online to be able to link their card to an organization.
If you do not have a Kroger Plus Card, you can obtain a digital Kroger Plus Card when creating an account online or at any Kroger store.
- Link your card at www.KrogerCommunityRewards.com.
- If you have an existing account, click on “Sign In”, otherwise click on “Create an Account”.
- If you are a new online customer:
- You will need to enter your email address, create a password, enter your zip code, click on favorite store, and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once you are done entering your information you will get a message asking you to check your e-mail inbox and click on the link within the body of the e-mail that was sent to activate your Kroger account.
Already have a Kroger.com account?
- Enter your email address and password and click on “Sign In”.
- Click on Community then on Community Rewards” then click on enroll now, complete personal information, click on save.
- Enter your organization’s number or name and then click on “Search”.
- Select your organization and click on “Save”.
- To verify that you enrolled correctly, you will see your organizations name on the right side of your account settings page.
Once you are linked, you can start earning rewards immediately toward the organization you are supporting. (Note: The message saying that you are supporting an organization through the Kroger Community Rewards program will start printing on your receipt about 10 business days after you linked your card.)
Remember, you must swipe your registered Kroger Plus Card or use your Alt ID when shopping for each eligible purchase to count.
Thank you for participating in our Kroger Community Rewards program!
Safety is the top priority within our commitment to providing safe and efficient transportation to over
75,000 students every day. A crucial part of this service is knowing when and where each child gets on and off the school bus. ZPass allows parents to receive notifications when their child enters and exits the school bus.
How ZPass Works
Students place their ZPass Multipurpose Card in front of the card reader as they enter and exit the school bus.
The card reader emits an audible beep confirming the card was read.
The time, date and location of where the student gets on and off the bus are immediately recorded to a secure database, accessible only by transportation and school officials.
Parents can sign up for instant notifications, via push or cell phone text messaging and/or email.
Parents can sign up for notifications by going to https://www.zpassplus.com/. ZPass + app is available at Google Play and the App Store.
Badge replacement fees: $3.00 for bus badge and $1.00 for lanyard.
Show your Labrador spirit every Friday by wearing a Labrador T-Shirt. New "All Star Labradors" themed shirts may be purchased for $10.
Please use School Cash to pay at https://cypress-fairbanksisd.schoolcashonline.com/Fee/Details/4050717/253853/False/False
Lee Elementary Website
Check out the Lee Campus Website for more information at http://lee.cfisd.net/en.
You can find all kinds of helpful information, including links to
- faculty email addresses
- lunch and recess schedules
- large group schedules
- school supply information
- spirit shirt order forms
- library resources
- access to student textbooks