December Hoof Prints
SCMS Parent Newsletter
Season's Greetings Colt Families!
My, how time has passed! We are just weeks away from wrapping up our first semester of the 2015-2016 school year! Winter Break will be here before we know it and that means students will be preparing for semester exams and closing out the Fall semester.
2016-2017 Course Request
This also means it's time to begin registering for 2016-2017 courses in Skyward. If you missed the counselor's parent meeting held on November 30th, please feel free to access all of the information by clicking HERE.
If you have any questions regarding completing your student's online course request, please do not hesitate to contact counselor Abbey Mar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cold Weather Alert
Only students who were absent or intend to purchase a new picture will be allowed to do retakes.
NOTE: If you have already purchased your students pictures, please send the package with your student. Students will not be able to retake their picture if the pre-ordered package is not returned.
Vision and Hearing Screening
Thursday, Dec. 3rd, 8am
A Note from Deborah Anderson, RN:
All 7th graders and new to the district 8th graders will be participate in the district-wide vision and hearing screening. For questions, please contact the campus clinic staff at 817.297.5090.
PLEASE JOIN OUR FINE ARTS DEPARTMENT IN THEIR UPCOMING WINTER EVENTS...
(in partnership with the Sue Crouch band)
Friday, December 11th
Theater Holiday Play
Monday, December 14th
Please review the exam schedule below.
GENERAL EXAM GUIDELINES:
- Backpacks will not be allowed on exam days.
- CISD procedures do not allow for exams to be give ahead of time.
- Students who are absent on an exam day will have to make up the test during the second semester.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 18TH
- Students will be provided an opportunity to purchase a lunch in the cafeteria or bring their own sack lunch from home. Delivery of lunches by parents/guardians will not be permitted
- Regular transportation will be provided for students that qualify.
- Students will be dismissed at 12:05 p.m.