School has begun!
Back to School Night
Thursday, Sep. 8th, 3:30-5:30pm
4350 Mount Everest Boulevard
San Diego, CA
Extracurricular Class Schedule
Music Classes with Mr. Johnson
- 8:00 - 8:50 Beginning Orchestra
- 8:55 - 9:45 Beginning Band
- 9:50 - 10:40 Choir
- 12:15 - 1:35 Adv. Orchestra
- 1:45 - 3:05 Advanced Band
Eco Warriors for grades 2-6
MEA's Environmental Education Extracurricular will launch this Thursday at 12:30. Open to 2nd-6th graders, this original program combines art, environmental awareness, dance, and play. This extracurricular will feature instruction from a Creative Dance Theater teacher, artists, and environmental experts from the community. Join us this Thursday on the lawn outside the science lab for snacks, art, and fun!
Let's make stuff up! Join the MEA Improv Team!
Thursday, September 8 / 11:00 - 12:00 pm
After winning second place in the National Comedy Theatre's High School League Improv Tournament last May, the MEA Improv Team is back and ready to win! High schoolers, please join us for practice on Thursdays from 11am-12pm on the grass by the science lab.
For more info, please contact this MEA Improv Team captains, Adira Rosen, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All students wanted for Mt. Everest photo!
Tuesday, Sep. 13th, 12pm
4350 Mount Everest Boulevard
San Diego, CA
Meet at the lunch court
Our area superintendent, Mr. Bruce Bivins, is creating an Area 1 poster, which includes Mt. Everest Academy and has requested a group photo of our students. Any students that would like to represent MEA in this poster, please come to the lunch court area this Tuesday at 12:00 noon for a group photo. If possible, please wear either an MEA shirt or our school colors (blue & yellow). The only requirement is parent approval and your smiling face!
A Message from the MEA Theatre Company
Hello MEA Families! Please take a look at these UPDATES from the MEA Theatre Co!
The 10 Minute Play Project
October 26 at 3:30pm & 6pm and October 27 at 6pm
Audition Prep Workshop HAS BEEN CANCELED:
Wednesday, September 7th 3-4pm
For audition tips visit the Audition Prep page on the MEA Theatre Co website (link below).
September 12 & 13
Audition sign ups have been posted and are available on our new website meatco.weebly.com! Please check it out and sign up for your audition ASAP!
Don't forget to LIKE our Facebook page, at Mount Everest Academy Theatre Company or fb.me/meatheatreco to stay up to date with all MEA Theatre Co. news. For any questions or concerns, please contact MEA Student and Theatre Co. Director, Adira Rosen at email@example.com!
Elementary students, come join us as we explore the Middle Ages--kingdoms, empires, dynasties, knights, samurais! The History Co-op meets weekly to study one chapter of Susan Wise Bauer's The Story of the World Volume 2: The Middle Ages. Each family reads one chapter on their own before class, and parents take turns leading the group using suggested activities and tests. It's a great way to introduce the fascinating events of history and geography to our young students. For more information, please contact Judy at firstname.lastname@example.org. The first class is scheduled on Tuesday, September 13 at 12:45. The location will be announced next week.
Library Time for grades K-5 will begin the first week of October. Students can come to the library, listen to a story, and check out a book or two. The schedule is as follows:
- TK, K and First - Tuesdays 8:40-9:00am
- Second Grade - Thursdays 8:40-9:00am
- Third Grade - Tuesdays 12:00-12:15pm
- Fourth Grade - Thursdays 12:00-12:15pm
- Fifth Grade - Wednesdays 8:40-9:00am
- On Tuesday, September 27, award winning author, Scott Sussman will be putting on an assembly geared to grades K-5, but all are welcome. When the library opens on the 14th, you can preview his books. He will personally meet with all children who make purchases the day of the assembly and sign the books.
- Wednesday, September 28, will be our tour day. Miss Suzy and I will show all in attendance around the library, explain how to check out books, phonics and Time Reader materials, and do a demonstration of the library's website. Younger students who have not already, can create a library card.
- Thursday, September 28, our principal, Mrs Browne, will read a story in our Storytime area.
There will be light refreshments each day. We hope all will come and celebrate with us!
This year, we will be enforcing the "Quiet Zone" rule. There are now places around campus for conversations so we can keep our library as a quiet study area. This should be an area for independent, quiet work and study.
Work Experience Education (W.E.E.)
- Each student will secure a place of business to intern at on their own. This is a career level internship where the student works with professionals in the field (not entry level work).
- The location of business must be within reasonable proximity to the school.
- The student will complete MEA Work Experience assignments during the internship.
- 75 hours of "hands-on" job site experience must be completed within one semester for credit.
- The job site will designate a student supervisor (mentor) who will work with the student intern and the Work Experience Education (WEE) teacher.
- The WEE teacher will visit the job site prior to and during the internship.
- All paperwork must be completed and signed prior to the start of the internship.
Please email Mrs. Proctor (email@example.com) for more details!
MEA Service Learning Calendar - Adopt-a-Beach
Saturday, Sep. 17th, 9am
600 Tourmaline Street
San Diego, CA
Mt. Everest Academy has adopted Tourmaline Beach in Pacific Beach. Meet next to the bathrooms at the end of the parking lot. After the clean up, join other MEA families for a fun day at the beach! (So, don't forget your beach gear!)
Mt. Everest Academy has lunches available in the office three days a week, Tuesday through Thursday. If your child would like a lunch, please sign up in the morning. Lunches are available beginning at 11:00 am and cost $2.25 or are free to students who qualify on the free/reduced lunch application. Apply online for free/reduced lunches.
Facts for Parents
"Facts for Parents" is an annual publication containing updated information relevant to all San Diego Unified School District families. The "Facts for Parents" pamphlet can be picked up in the front office and is also available online.