May 17, 2019
"It takes but one positive thought when given a chance ... to overpower an entire army of negative thoughts." Robert H. Schuller
From Mrs. Lewis...
- Current SIT members- Please bring the "Faciliated Assessment of MTSS-School level (FAM-S) packet with you to the meeting on Monday, 5/20. District level MTSS members will be meeting with us to discuss our ratings. The process will move quicker if we have completed the assessment individually to share with the group. Please see Mrs. Tippett if you have questions.
- Please sign up to bring candy for the 8th grade Candyland prom! Thank you!
- MTSS Information- CLICK HERE - The link gives important information for MTSS. Please read over it carefully and complete the requirements by the end of the school year.
For EOG testing days (5/24, 5/29, 5/30), the school is offering incentives for attendance. All students present will be entered in a drawing AND the homeroom with the highest percentage of attendance and the teacher will receive a special prize each of the three days.
There is a corporate membership cost for Scotch Meadows Pool/Golf. Let us know if you are interested.
Applications are still open for C&I week, the district still has positions open.
Due to more stringent privacy laws, we cannot celebrate students and/or offer incentives surrounding EOG/EOC performance for end-of-year awards/celebrations. This means trophies will not be purchased for awards day for EOG growth/performance and there wil not be any celebrations for students that earned passing scores/growth. (sighhhh)
When securing a sub through AESOP and you are using a sub you prefer, be sure to type the name of the sub before submitting.There was an incident where a sub showed up twice to a school where the position had already been filled due to the name being left out of AESOP.
Beginning teacher Institute to be held on June 18th. Principals are asked to allow BT teachers to swap June 11th for the 18th if they are not involved in testing. This means BT teachers involved in the institute would not work the 11th, but must attend on the 18th.
Chromebooks will no longer be allowed to be taken home beginning Monday, May 20th. ALL staff members should be vigilant at dismissal to ensure chromebooks are collected.
Yearbook signing party will be held on June 4th at 2:45. Only students who have paid for a yearbook will be allowed to attend. There are still yearbooks available if students would like to purchase. See Ms. Audrey.
Be sure that you are ensuring that students return all chromebooks and chargers. Mrs. Harris will be sending a schedule of when classes report to the library for Chromebook checks. Teachers, be prepared to continue teaching in the media center so that instructional time is not lost.
EOGs - Best of luck to our science students on Friday. Please be sure to read your testing plan for procedures and schedules. As a family, be sure that we all encourage our students to do well. For all teachers and pull out teachers, DO NOT ALLOW a STUDENT to sleep. For PULL OUT TEACHERS, be sure to express that you will let core teachers know that you will report their work ethic. We should have high expectations.
Please do not send students to the office for a behavior issue without first calling to ensure an administrator is available. A referral should also be entered into Educator's Handbook to provide details administration.
The end of grade pep rally will be held on Thursday at 2:15. The schedule is provided. Grade levels will be called to the gym.
Please be aware that the Media Center will be closed during the "Roll-in" process on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. It will probably only take part of the day, so it might be open in the afternoons.
Yearbooks are still on sale for $20. Order forms will be available in the front office for any student that is interested. There will be a yearbook signing party for all students who purchased a yearbook on June 4th at 2:30pm! In order to attend you MUST have purchased this years yearbook!
Thanks again for your help and patience’s with our End of Year Test Training that was held on Monday, May 13, 2019. If you were not trained or didn’t attend the training please see me ASAP. For all who participated remember all components of the training and read and review your testing manuals. This is extremely important!
I have gone around to all of the 8th grade teachers to make this change in your manuals but can everyone print out the attached sheet and do the following: (Every Manuel in the school must be completed.)
On Page 33 of the Online Science Grade 5 and 8 directions of the EOG Assessment Guide. It is missing the directions for Sample 3. Attached is the document that I received on yesterday from DPI that will replace PAGE 33. You MUST print the two pages and staple them to your assessment guide. Those 2 pages must be placed over page 33 of each Assessment Guide as soon as possible. Do not use paperclips, it must be stapled.
Secondly, All teachers are asked to review the accommodation/testing security video by May 20, 2019. Please stop by the testing office to sign off that you have reviewed the video. The sign-up sheet is in my door attached to a clipboard with a pen. Thanks for completing this task. Remember looms records when the video is played and watched from the central office.
Click the link below for the video:
- May 20 - SIT Meeting
- May 20 - Spring Band Concert 6pm
- May 21-22 - Spartan Academy
- May 22 - Athletic Parent Mtg for Fall Sports 5:30pm
- May 23 - EOG pep rally 2:15pm
- May 23 - Last day for Elective classes
- May 27- Memorial Day Holiday- No School
- May 24 - June 7 - END OF GRADE TESTING
- May 31 - 8th Grade PROM
- June 3 - Staff Meeting
- June 5 - 6th Grade Awards Ceremony 8:45am
- June 5 - 7th Grade Awards Ceremony 10:00am
- June 5 - PBIS / AR End of Year Reward 1:00-3:00pm
- June 6 - 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony 9:00am
- June 7 - 1/2 day for students 12:00 pm dismissal
- June 7 - Deercroft Staff PD - Cookout
- June 10 - Required TWD
- June 10 - 14 Summer retest
- June 11 - Optional TWD
- June 17 - 21 C&I Review Week
- June 25 - 27 Facilitator's Week
- Shout out to Mrs. Spencer for a phenomenal chorus performance. Thank you to staff that attended and participated to support our students.
- Thank you to Ms. Allen for organizing our doughnut sell for some end of year funding for events.
- Mrs. Gross and Ms. E. Johnson, you rock! Thank you for helping prepare our 6th grade reading students for EOGs.
- Kudos to Ms. McRae for helping support our 8th grade science students and Mrs. Lawson for helping our 6th grade social studies students. You're appreciated.
- Thanks to Ms. Lynette for organizing and providing EVAAS documents for verification this week.
- A huge shout out to Ms. Audrey, Ms. E. Johnson and Mrs. Tippett for Muffins for Mom. It was a nice opportunity to connect with our Moms.
- Great job, Mr. Dunham, for a great testing training on Monday.
- Please continue to keep Donyetta Blue in your prayers. We miss her!
- Mrs. Amanda's husband (Cafeteria Manager) is still in the hospital. Continue to keep the family in your prayers.
- Mr. Cain's cousin passed away this week. Please keep him in your prayers.
- Mrs. August Chavis' Grandmother passed away on yesterday (Thursday). Thoughts and love to August and her family.