The Husky Hub
E -Newsletter| November 2021-Benzie County Central Schools
2021 | November | School & Community Connection
Superintendent Erfourth Update
Wow! It is so hard to believe that we have completed a quarter of our school year already! We are grateful for the support from our families and the community, as well as our hard-working staff members! Special thanks to all of our families who helped with transportation accommodations this past week as we navigate through these challenging times.
We have some exciting events coming up these next few weeks:
* November 19th - Betsie Valley Community Center Game Night – Dinner at 5:30 PM -Event begins at 6:00 PM – Walking Taco Dinner – Family Game Night – Community is welcome!
*December 4th - VEX IQ Challenge Tournament –MS/HS – 8:00 AM
* Winter sports are in full swing!
Just a reminder that there will be NO SCHOOL Thursday, November 25 or Friday, November 26 for Thanksgiving Break. School resumes on Monday, November 29th.
Have a safe and wonderful holiday weekend!
Benzie County Central Schools
Benzie ARP ESSER III Plan Use of Funds Survey 2021
The district has been allocated federal American Rescue Plan Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ARP ESSER) funds as part of the third stimulus package signed into law on March 11, 2021. Districts must engage in meaningful consultation with stakeholders and give the public an opportunity to provide input in the development of its plan. You have been selected as a stakeholder to provide input on the district's plan use of funds. Please answer this short survey by Friday, Nov 26. Thanks for your thoughtful input!
-Benzie Central Student Accolades-
The aim of Benzie County Central Schools is to provide each student with opportunities in a supportive environment and ensure that they achieve the most from their potential. With this in mind, we take pride in celebrating all our students' achievements, whether academic, athletic, vocational, or by way of good character.
· Congratulations to our National Honor Society and Academic Letter students on their formal inductions.
· Congratulations to our Q1 ALL A and ALL A/B Honor Roll students
· Congratulations to our Cross Country team for making it to State finals
· Congratulations to Miley Kelly, 6th place State Finals
· Congratulations to Elise Johnson, 21st place State Finals
· Congratulations to Hunter Jones, 1st place State Champion, 3 consecutive years
· Congratulations to Hunter Jones, 2nd Place NIKE Cross Regionals (Individual)
· Congratulations to Michael Wooten, MHSFXCA Division 6 All-Region Football Player
· Congratulations to Roger Lamie, Northern Michigan Football League – Honorable Mention Defensive Line
· Congratulations to Michael Wooten, Northern Michigan Football League – 1st Team Defensive Line
· Congratulations to Nate Childers, Northern Michigan Football League – Honorable Mention Running Back
· Congratulations to Kaleb Orr, Northern Michigan Football League – Honorable Mention Offensive Line
· Congratulations to Kevin Hubbell, All State and National Record Holder. First Team All-Conference and Second Team All-State
· Congratulations to Steven Barron, All-Conference Honorable Mention
· Congratulations to Dominic Lopez, First Team All-Conference
· Congratulations to Ava Bechler, 2nd Team All-Conference
· Congratulations to Maya Musgrave, Nonprofit – “Know If You’re Low”
· Congratulations to our High School VEX VRC teams, 74485 A & B – 2nd place finish
· Congratulations to our talented drama students on their Harvey performance
Fall High School Play | Harvey
Congratulations to our talented drama students!
National Honor Society Inductees | Academic Letter Club Inductees
1st Year Academic Letter Club
2nd Year Academic Letter Club
3rd Year Academic Letter Club
Crystal Lake Elementary – Festival of Trees – Habitat for Humanity
COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECT -
Benzie County Central Board of Education set a goal for each school in the District to find a way to give back to our community since the community has given so much to us. Crystal Lake Elementary has selected the Festival of Trees as their community service project. The Festival of Trees is an annual event that benefits the Habitat for Humanity of Benzie County. Crystal Lake Elementary students will create unique ornaments that connect to social studies units of study and these ornaments will adorn decorated trees that will be auctioned off the weekend after Thanksgiving this year. Please check out the amazing artists of Crystal Lake Elementary and help support our local Habitat for Humanity at the Festival of Trees held at the Benzonia Historical Museum!
FAFSA Frenzy 2021
Parent Help Session
Monday, November 22nd, 2021
Items to bring:
- Social Security Number
- 2020 Federal Income Tax Return, W-2's, and other recorded money earned in 2020.
- Records of Untaxed Income (If Applicable)
Come join our team! We are hiring paraprofessionals at the Middle School/High School. We are also looking for bus drivers. As always, we are looking for coaches, substitute teachers, secretaries, paraprofessionals, custodians, and bus drivers! Please check out our website www.benzieschools.net for more information! Join our Husky family!
If you or someone you know is in need of supplies for babies or toddlers, Advent Lutheran Church has a free baby pantry on the second Saturday each month from 9 am-noon. All are welcome! If you have an immediate need, Advent Lutheran sponsors a closet at Betsie Valley Elementary 231-378-4164.
Click below for more information.
If your community organization would like to be added to the Husky Hub, please contact Catina.
NMCAA Preschool Enrollment | 800-632-7334 - Register by Phone
Executive Assistant to the Superintendent | Board of Education Administrative Assistant | Director of Communications, Catina Crossman
The Husky Hub is from the desk of Mrs. Catina Crossman.