Monday, March 17 -- 2nd Block
Course Catalog Distribution
Registration for 2014-2015 will begin on Monday, March 17, during 2nd block with the distribution of course catalogs. Students can print/view their transcripts through iNow.
- Please distribute the course catalogs.
- Use the ROSTER for students to initial for receiving the catalog.
- KEEP THE ROSTER until April 11. Students who are absent on March 17 should get their registration materials from their 2nd block teachers.
- If students lose their catalog, they can access them on the BJHS website.
- Students can enter their course requests in iNow from home/school March 19-April 11
- Directions for Online Course Registration are located on the BJHS website.
- Parents can schedule individual appointments to meet with counselors April 7-11.
- Appointments can be made with Mrs. Diana Barry (256.772.2547 ext. 80366).
- Students should complete the Course Request Form/Four-Year Plan (located on the website). The Course Request Form should be returned to 2nd block teachers no later than April 11.
- The last day for Student Schedule Request Changes is April 11.
March 17-21 -- 2nd block
School Network and iNow Login
During the week of March 17-21 (during 2nd block) please have your students login to the school network and iNow. This process is required for students to register for classes online through iNow.
- Use the ROSTER to verify that your students have logged in to BOTH the school network and iNow.
- The first time students login to the school network, they cannot use wireless.
- The students should write their username and password on the ROSTER (in case they forget it during the registratrion process).
- KEEP THE ROSTER until April 11.
- SCHOOL NETWORK LOGIN: Username is the first name, middle initial, and last name (ex. johnlsmith) and Password is the first name initial, last name initial, and lunch number (ex. js0000).
- iNow USERNAME/PASSWORD: See the attached PDF and search by the student’s last name for the username. There is a generic password (bjhs2013) for students who have never logged in this year. If students have logged in and have forgotten their password, click "forgot password"; information will be emailed to their school email account.
Small Group Meetings
The counselors will pull students for small group registration meetings in order to provide our students with the opportunity to ask questions about our existing and new curricular offerings.
- Students should bring their course catalog to the small group meetings.
- Small group meetings for Cohort 2015 (current 11th grade students) will occur the week of March 10-14.
- Small group meetings for Cohort 2016 (current 10th grade students) will occur the week of March 17-21.
- Small group meetings for Cohort 2017 (current 9th grade students) will occur the week of March 31-April 4.
- Please see the attached schedule for additional information.
- Teachers have already been contacted if their entire class will be pulled.
Monday, March 17
On Monday, March 17, there will be several opportunities for students to learn more about course offerings and registration.
- Curriculum Fair – Cafeteria – 5:00-7:00
- Advanced Placement Informational Meetings – Media Center – 5:30-6:00 and 6:30-7:00
- Rising 9th grade (Cohort 2018) Informational Meetings – AV Room – 5:30-6:00 and 6:30-7:00
- PTSA Meeting – AV Room – 7:00
- General Registration Informational Meeting – AV Room – 7:15
Friday, April 11 -- 2nd Block
Collect Student Registration Forms
- Please collect all student registration forms. (You may collect the forms any time during the registration process, but please turn in all forms to the guidance office at one time on April 11.)
- Please verify that all blanks are completed.
- Please verify that all forms have a parent signature.
- Send the following with a student to the guidance office:
- Roster – school network login, iNow login, verifying receipt of course catalog
- Student Registration Forms – please put in alphabetical order