Kitchen Sink . 9.9.15
'Red Out' Nights
- Thursday Night Volleyball v. Milledgeville Missiles . 5:00
- Friday Night Football v. Durand Bulldogs . 5:30
Congrats DAWG Volleyball!
High School Campus Parent Night is TONIGHT
We will meet in the cafeteria at 6:00 p.m. for introductions and brief presentation.
Parents & students will follow the student’s every day class schedule.
- Following your student’s schedule, you will experience what his/her day looks like.
- Periods 1-10
- 5 minutes in each class
- Teachers will go over syllabus, expectations, academic goals, etc.
- Families will have the normal 3 minutes passing time to each class.
- The bell system will signal all class changes.
Before the presentation or after 'class', stop at our 'Uniform Donation' table and pick up some FREE khakis, polos, sweatshirts and more. All items have been brought to the Aquin office by generous alumni families to be passed on to current 'uniform-wearing' Bulldogs.
Becca's Closet Opens September 19
Need a dress for Homecoming, Winter Formal, or Prom?
Have a formal dress that’s cluttering up your closet?
You need Becca’s Closet
Rebecca Kirtman believed that all girls deserved to be able to attend school dances regardless of ability to afford a nice dress. Becca’s Closet is now a nationwide organization that honors her memory by providing free formal dresses for any girl, size 0 to size 28. Becca’s Closet of Rockford is the only active chapter in Illinois and has collected over 2000 dresses since it opened.
I need a dress:
Open every Saturday starting September 19 from 9am to 12 pm
(in the weeks before Homecoming and Prom)
Good Shepherd Lutheran Church
1829 N Rockton Ave
Rockford, IL 61103
I have a dress I want to donate in the Freeport area:
Aquin Catholic High School
1419 S Galena St, Freeport, IL 61032
Mark Your Calendars (in case you forgot)
- Sept. 9-10: Picture Days at St. Joe's Campus
- Sept. 9-10: Fall Play Auditions for Senior High
- Sept. 11: Picture Day at High School Campus (note: Seniors will have their pictures taken on this day by Kurt Koester. Therefore they will follow the dress code as the 7-11th graders follow.)
- Sept. 13: Last Day to enter your 'Miles and Minutes'!
- Sept. 13: Aquin Flea Market from 8:00am-2:30pm
- Sept. 22: 8th Football Parent Night
- Sept. 26: Guardian of the Shield 'Octoberfest'
- Sept. 27-October 3: Aquin XM . Homecoming 2015
- Sept. 27-28: Senior Class Retreat
- Sept. 30: Aquin Homecoming Parade . 5:30